Fair or not, the Bulls’ training staff has a received some criticism over the last few seasons. Some of it has even come from Bulls players.
Bradley Beal was asked if he would lose respect for a Wizards’ teammate if they made the same decision and the answer was telling.
First, the show will be awful, even by reality TV standards.
It was a long, long year for the Chicago Bulls.
In many ways, LeBron, Wade & Co. strikes me as Chicago’s new version of the Detroit Pistons’ “Bad Boys,” the hated mountain that the Michael Jordan-era Bulls once had to climb. And while losing to the Heat again is disappointing indeed, just like with the Pistons, this series loss will only make victory all the sweeter when the Bulls finally do beat them.
And with the 94-91 Game 5 loss in Miami, the 2012-13 Chicago Bulls are nothing more than a memory.
Jimmy Butler has been a huge part of this Chicago basketball season even existing in the second round of the playoffs, which, while not exactly a medal of honor, is still better than many expected with all the obstacles that had to be dealt with—no superstar, injuries and illnesses, Scalabrine withdrawal, etc.
Despite not playing a single minute in 2013, Sports Illustrated has named Bulls point guard Derrick Rose the No. 7 highest-earning athlete on its Fortunate 50 list.
The busted-up Bulls will continue on without Derrick Rose, Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich.
This is no longer about Derrick Rose’s knee. It’s not about his heart or his head, either. Not anymore. The Derrick Rose Watch, pretty much the leading storyline of the 2013 NBA playoffs, is about his eyes.
But I also happen to think this: Playing without Derrick Rose in the playoffs could actually be a very good thing for the Bulls in the long run.
When the Bulls take on the Heat in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on Monday night, they’ll be extremely shorthanded.
What we got here with the Bulls is failure to communicate.
Hidden behind the angst and anger surrounding Derrick Rose’s decision not to play thus far in the depleted Bulls’ playoff run was the hope that maybe No. 1 would suit up when the time was right to lead his team.
Derrick Rose says that he is unaware of criticism of his decision to continue to sit on the sidelines, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.
Nevertheless, with the Bulls a M*A*S*H unit – featuring calf pulls, plantar fasciitis, debilitating viruses and even spinal taps – many Chicagoans are indeed seeing a different kind of red as the team hobbles its way into tonight’s decisive Game 7 against the Nets in Brooklyn.
Things keep getting worse for the depleted Bulls.
With a 3-2 lead, the Bulls will try again to wrap it up when the series shifts back to the United Center on Thursday.
Derrick Rose has been medically cleared to play for over two months.
Is Derrick Rose truly Public Enemy No. 1 among Chicago Bulls fans, or is he just Public Enemy Right Now?
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.206
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!