A nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.
A pit bull that had already attacked one person in the Englewood neighborhood Wednesday morning was shot dead by a Chicago Police sergeant as it attacked a 16-year-old boy on his way to school.
An Oak Lawn man accused of allowing his girlfriend’s pit bull to repeatedly attack his mother this month remained in Cook County Jail on Monday on charges of domestic battery, battery, assault and resisting arrest, records show.
A far west suburban firefighter and paramedic who was found dead in her home died as a result of an attack by one of her own dogs, the Kane County sheriff’s office said Wednesday.
A beloved pet was nearly killed in the 2000 block of Stonebridge Court in Wheaton. CBS 2’s Pamela Jones spoke to the woman who saved the dog’s life.
Police in west suburban Berwyn shot and killed a couple of pit bulls Thursday morning, after one of them went after a woman and her small dog.
An autopsy Thursday confirmed an Englewood man was killed by at least one of his own pit bulls Wednesday night.
A family from south suburban Steger is suing a Chicago police officer, claiming he failed to restrain his pit bull, which killed the family’s Pomeranian mix at Montrose Beach in March.
What started out as some nice time outside on a nice day on Wednesday resulted in Elgin firefighters being barricaded in their fire station because of a couple of vicious dogs.
It turns out the man who walked off after his pit bull mauled a tiny dog to death was a Chicago Police officer. That officer has been ticketed and relieved of his police powers while the department investigates his actions.
Two people were injured in a pit bull attack late Monday afternoon in Elmhurst.
The 62-year-old jogger who was attacked by pit bulls in Rainbow Beach Park two weeks ago said Tuesday that he remembers everything that happened that morning, when he kept telling himself to survive.
A serious dog fight is brewing in Chicago. Some city officials are mulling over a possible ban on the pit bull breed after a jogger was attacked Monday morning, but a disabled Chicago Army veteran is worried he’ll lose his service dog as a result.
A man was critically injured Monday morning when he was attacked by what police described as two pit bulls while jogging along the lakefront in Rainbow Beach Park.
What do you do when your neighbor calls out for help? Thomas Lichtwalt heard dogs barking on Tuesday, setting off his own dog. Then he looked out and saw two dogs barking and snarling at his 74-year-old neighbor who was at the end of his driveway on the way to getting his mail.
Police in Elgin shot and killed a family dog that turned on its owners and its own puppies.
A teenager has been sentenced to five years in prison for ordering his pitbull terrier to attack a 75-year-old man.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!