A south suburban woman is facing drunken driving charges, after police say she slammed into a pedestrian so hard that the victim as knocked off an overpass.
An eyesore now plagues the historic section of south suburban Dolton, after a fire ripped through a home on Kanawha Street.
An Iowa man and his northwest Indiana girlfriend have been charged with murder for the fatal shooting of a northwest Indiana man – another one of her boyfriends – in south suburban Dolton last month.
A Dolton police officer has been charged with beating two people with his police baton and then threatening the police chief during the investigation.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has a plan to recover almost $15 million owed by some suburbs for unpaid water services provided by the City of Chicago.
Dolton Police found the man who drove a Toyota minivan carrying five passengers into the Cal-Sag Channel early Thursday. It turns out he was in a hospital bed all along.
Rescue crews are searching the Little Calumet River after a van full of people ended up in the water, in an accident that left two people in critical condition.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday that he is actively going after $15 million in unpaid water bills owed to the city by four Chicago suburbs. He also promised to take another look at free water that the city supplies to various non-profit groups.
The city of Chicago is owed $47 million in unpaid water bills. It’s a big number for a cash-strapped city. A Better Government Association study found that those who owe much of that money might not be who you expect.
A 37-year-old Dolton woman was killed Saturday night in a crash between a car and the motorcycle she was riding in the south suburb.
As the city and suburbs deal with budget troubles, more of them are scrapping planned fireworks shows for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. But in Batavia, the show will go on.
A fight with state officials could cost Thornridge High School in Dolton $18 million in aid, and my threaten teachers’ jobs.
Firefighters rescued about a dozen people from an extra-alarm blaze in south suburban Dolton early Saturday and one man jumped from a second-floor window to escape the fire.
Three people were in police custody this morning after a shooting and chase that began on the city’s South Side and ended in Dolton.
The state Department of Children and Family Services is investigating after a 2-year-old boy south suburban boy died Tuesday at a hospital.
A controversy has erupted in south suburban Dolton, where a contract for a Mayor Ronnie Lewis’ daughter was granted Monday night.
A driver on the Bishop Ford Freeway pulled over and flagged down an Illinois Department of Transportation worker overnight.
In addition to the city of Chicago, elections are also taking place Tuesday in two Cook County suburbs and in Lake County.
The son of a village manager was charged Friday with breaking into and stealing from a public works building in the south suburbs.
Thirteen alleged members of two drug distribution rings were arrested Tuesday by a federal task force in the culmination of a lengthy investigation into drug distribution in the south suburbs.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!