Two brothers who saved a mother and daughter from a fiery crash last month, now are trying to help them rebuild their shattered lives.
According to a report, the Chicago White Sox have signed former Chicago Cub Doug Davis to a Minor League contract.
“The bantering that goes on about how many people will be out of here is foolish.” – Jim Hendry
The Cubs released pitcher Doug Davis and reactivated second baseman Darwin Barney from the disabled list in advance of Wednesday night’s game.
There are many reasons to explain the Cubs’ 32-47 record. The main reason in this lost season is the Cubs’ starting pitching.
Pat Burrell and Aaron Rowand drove in three runs apiece and the Giants beat the Cubs 13-7 Tuesday afternoon in the first game of a day-night doubleheader.
Despite losing the series to the White Sox, the Cubs are playing much better baseball as a team.
Doug Davis pitched into the eighth inning in easily his best start of the season and the Cubs beat the New York Yankees 3-1 Friday.
Ryan Howard went 3 for 3 and drove in three runs, and Roy Oswalt recovered from a rocky first to pitch seven solid innings and lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 4-3 comeback victory over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
The Cubs lose 3-1 to Houston and leave Wrigley after their 3-6 homestand.
Kosuke Fukudome hit a lead-off home run, but the Chicago Cubs would only muster two more hits for the rest of the game and would eventually lose to the Houston Astros by a score of 3-1.
Cubs lose opener 4-2 as Soriano goes deep late, but offense falls short.
The Red Sox piled on 19 hits and didn’t exactly welcome the Cubs back to Fenway Park tonight from a 93 year absence with open arms as they beat the North Siders 15-5.
Ryan Vogelsong pitched six innings in a rain-shortened game for his first career shutout and Buster Posey hit an RBI single to lead the Giants to a 3-0 win over the Cubs.
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Randy Wells will make his first rehab start on Tuesday when he pitches for the Cubs’ Single-A affiliate, the Peoria Chiefs.
Veteran pitcher Doug Davis will make his first start as a Cub, and his first start since October elbow surgery, when the Chicago Cubs take on the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants on Saturday.
The Chicago Cubs have signed veteran left-hander Doug Davis to a Minor League on Tuesday, according to the team’s official website.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!