The Better Government Association has found that local police are allowed to work when they’re close to what’s considered drunk.
This week, readers wrote poems about the news article “Ore. Teen Charged After ‘Drivin Drunk’ Facebook Post On New Year’s Eve.” Find out what next week’s poems will be about and how to submit your own…
A babysitter was arrested this week, after the couple who hired her came home and found her extremely drunk, police said.
The City of Chicago has settled with a man who was run-over by a drunk city worker.
A few election judges in Chicago had to be removed from their polling places today.
A woman tried to throw some clout at bewildered McDonald’s employees, when she attempted to order some food at the drive through window–without actually driving.
A northwest Indiana man was hospitalized for alcohol poisoning, after being found unconscious along the side of the road with a blood-alcohol level of 0.552 percent, the Post-Tribune is reporting.
Closing time means you and the gang have to stumble out into the cold cruel world. Cocktails led to dinner, dinner led to the bar, and now the cycle completes with some 2 a.m. munchies. Fine dining establishments are mostly closed, but that doesn’t mean you have to walk through the drive-thru of the local fast food restaurant. Check out these time-honored late-night establishments for that final meal of the night (or rather, the first of the next day…).
A Steger man who was drunk when he caused a crash that killed a 5-year-old boy has been sentenced to 9 1/2 years in prison.
Walter Dixon, 31, was allegedly drunk when he drove a vehicle to the Rock ‘N Roll McDonald’s in the 600 block of North Clark Street early Sunday and fell asleep at the wheel.
A highly intoxicated man who had gotten thrown out of a bar went on a bizarre rampage over the weekend involving, and now he is facing felony charges.
Investigators say two men who fell into the Chicago River’s North Branch near Goose Island overnight were drunk.
A man was killed early Friday in a motorcycle accident that shut down Interstate 65 in Northwest Indiana for two hours.
Some students at Naperville North High School are starting the school year with suspensions, after showing up for the first day of class after consuming alcohol.
Paramedics found Brian Banks passed out and apparently drunk in his car, with his feet sticking out of the open back door, in the northeast corner of the Lakeview neighborhood Tuesday night.
Elections officials fielded thousands of complaints as voters went to the polls in the election for mayor and City Council seats on Tuesday, though only a handful were for serious issues.
A woman had two young children in her car when she was stopped for driving 63 mph in a 45 mph zone while drunk, police said.
A former school bus driver who admitted to being drunk when she drove students finds out Wednesday if she is going to prison.
A west suburban man is facing a drunken driving charge after allegedly trying to enter someone else’s Naperville home and telling police he had “no clue” where he was.
As Cassandra Turner, 20, was being arrested on two counts of residential entry, she insisted she was in her own apartment.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.150
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!