Coaches lie and coaches leave. They lie about leaving, leave while they’re lying, and fly off in pursuit of better, richer, more interesting jobs.
The Bears need general manager availability, with Phil Emery standing at the lectern to announce the future direction of the franchise, today. ASAP.
And here I thought we had turned a corner in our understanding of the seriousness of brain injury, especially in what had appeared to be a newly enlightened – and legally threatened – NFL.
Drew Brees threw two touchdown passes, extending his NFL record streak to 51 games, and Patrick Robinson returned an interception 99 yards for a score to lead the New Orleans Saints to a much-needed win, 28-13 over Michael Vick and the reeling Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night.
Eagles guitarist and rock legend Joe Walsh is taking sides in the Illinois 8th Congressional District race – and he’s not throwing his support to the Congressman who shares his name.
For the first time in a century, people have been able to see a bald eagle nest in Cook County. As CBS 2’s Bill Kurtis reports, they came close to extinction in the U.S.
With last week’s rambling, incoherent press conference at Halas Hall providing the perfect symbolic catalyst for his efforts, team president Ted Phillips apparently decided to race back to his office and play Angry Birds.
Yes, he’s maddening. And he looks like that guy in college who you always wanted to punch in the mouth, just because. But Jay Cutler has also proven himself as the best QB in Bears history.
Matt Forte bounced back from two costly turnovers and Jay Cutler rallied the resilient Bears to a 30-24 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night. The surging Bears move to 5-3.
Michael Vick was less than thrilled with the beating he took against the New York Giants. He went after the refs following the loss and made it clear that he gets hit almost every single […]
Nike re-signed Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick to an endorsement deal Friday, nearly four years after dropping him amid his legal troubles.
A pair of 6-week-old bald eagles in Kane County could be getting physical exams today, unless people on the ground get proof that the parents have gone to the rebuilt nest.
An animal rights group bought NFL star Michael Vick’s former dogfighting compound on Friday and plans to turn it into a rehabilitation center for chained and penned dogs.
Michael Vick is one of the more polarizing players in the NFL. He served two years in a federal prison for dog fighting and on Wednesday was given an estimated $20 million contract.
Philadelphia Eagles’ quarterback Michael Vick is set to be a guest on the Chicago-based “Oprah Winfrey Show.”
The NFL’s regular season was full of TV ratings that shattered former records. And it appears as if those records will continue to fall now that we’ve reached the playoffs.
Every next story about TV ratings for the NFL is full of so many new records and superlatives that it’s hard to keep track of which network is doing boffo numbers with which games.
The Minnesota Vikings finally did something right this season. By beating the Philadelphia Eagles, the Vikings gave the Bears a guaranteed first round bye in the NFC Playoffs.
Last Sunday, after the Bears upended Philly, I was eating crow. Seven days later, after watching them struggle to beat the better-but-still-bad Lions, I was about ready to cough it back up.
The Detroit Lions have two wins this season. One of their many losses came against the Bears in week one. Despite that and a much more improved Bears team, Lion’s receiver Nate Burleson has guaranteed a win.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.189
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!