Broadway is undergoing a continuing transformation with an assortment of new businesses in the East Lakeview neighborhood, but meanwhile, an old, familiar establishment now is set to close after almost 70 years in operation.
While an assortment of new businesses are bringing a renaissance to Broadway in the East Lakeview neighborhood, neighbors will soon say goodbye to one popular local establishment after more than 20 years in operation.
An East Lakeview neighborhood man called police early Friday and admitted to beating his dog to death.
A woman was sexually assaulted early Thursday in the East Lakeview neighborhood – on the densely-populated stretch of Waveland Avenue between Wrigley Field and Boystown.
La Crêperie at 2845 N. Clark St. is celebrating 40 years in business as what is considered the oldest family-owned French crêperie in the United States.
A new concept bistro adjacent to the popular Pastoral Artisan Cheese shop is the latest new venture coming to the vibrant stretch of Broadway in the East Lakeview neighborhood.
Nearly a year after plans for a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market store generated an uproar in the East Lakeview neighborhood, those plans are officially set to go ahead.
Police are investigating hate graffiti that was found sprayed on a synagogue and Jewish school in the East Lakeview neighborhood.
A new bistro and microbrewery is the latest venture coming to Broadway in the East Lakeview neighborhood, as the transformation of the busy and fashionable strip continues.
A man with no criminal history now stands charged with stabbing his roommate to death during a fight in their East Lakeview neighborhood apartment this week.
A man is dead, and his roommate is in critical condition, after police say they stabbed each other during an argument in a quiet section of the East Lakeview neighborhood.
Two separate YouTube clips are showing us Chicagoans how we really sound, from praising “da Bears” to nitpicking about what neighborhood we live in.
A new coffee roasting house is coming to bustling Broadway in East Lakeview, according to a recent report.
A woman was in police custody Thursday morning, after allegedly stabbing her boyfriend to death during an argument in the East Lakeview neighborhood.
City officials said Monday that a door left open by a Lakeview couple fleeing a high-rise fire helped spread the deadly blaze and an elevator malfunction slowed firefighters’ ability to get to the fire right away.
A new plan calls for a Mariano’s Fresh Market grocery store, and as many as seven stories of apartments, at the long-vacant East Lakeview site where a Dominick’s store burned down more than six years ago.
The shuttered Borders bookstore at the busy juncture of Diversey Parkway, Clark Street and Broadway will reopen as a multi-level Walgreens drugstore, according to an architectural firm.
Some neighbors in East Lakeview are taking issue with plans for a massive 15-story residential development at the northernmost end of the Boystown strip.
An East Lakeview neighborhood pizzeria is none too pleased that its stretch of Broadway has been eliminated from the Gay Pride Parade route.
Hustler publisher Larry Flynt will be in Chicago next week, making an appearance at the new Hustler Hollywood store in the East Lakeview neighborhood.
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.228
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!