One of the most absurd judicial cop-outs of all time is 40 years old on June 19, 2012.
The enigmatic Muhammad Ali could be brutally honest and sometimes brutally cruel, but he was also funny, creative, athletic, glib, poetic, determined, humble, pious, anarchistic, dignified, irreverent, sometimes out of line and other times a beacon of change during the 1960s days of rage.
One day after Jerry Sandusky went on national television for his first public interview since begin charged with more than 40 counts of child sexual abuse, The Score’s legal expert Eldon Ham joined The McNeil and Speigel Show to break down the legal ramifications of Sandusky’s interview.
With legal issues swirling around Penn State and former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky for his alleged sexual abuse of young boys, The McNeil and Spiegel Show brought in The Score’s legal analyst Eldon Ham to help make sense of the controversy in Happy Valley.
LeBron James might be a load to handle on the court, but in the NBA labor quagmire he’s got nothing on a swamp turtle named Pogo, a comic pages pundit with a labor lesson for LeBron and the NBA players. “We have met the enemy, and the enemy is us,” said Pogo, the resident sage of cartoonist Walt Kelly’s Okefenokee Swamp.
This October 1 marks exactly 50 years since Roger Maris slammed home run #61 in 1961, taking down two icons with one swing: Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle.
Several months into the NFL Lockout, fans are pretty familiar with the issues at hand. But as the expiration of the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement approaches, fans are going to have to get used a different climate for negotiations.
On Thursday, the current collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the Players’ Union is set to expire, triggering the first step leading towards a lockout of the players.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is very rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.471
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.183
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!