Now, the question is: Is the country better off than it was four years ago? Anyone – including you – can answer that question.
The presidential election is just one week away, but with so much damage and destruction, and so many Americans without power in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, can the election go on as planned?
Now, this early voting trend that is sweeping the country is getting as ridiculous as being gifted for Christmas or one’s birthday 35 days in advance. There is much “shifty” benefit for the Democrats since they’re pushing for it.
We are currently seeing two very different approaches to the post-debate push from the two Presidential campaigns – Obama has a much stronger opening to the two week push.
One issue on the ballot next month is aimed at saving residents in Chicago and across the suburbs hundreds of dollars a year on their power bills.
We’ve known for a while President Barack Obama would be spending Election Night in Chicago. Now, CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports it appears the president’s Election Night event will be held inside McCormick Place.
Though the polls give political junkies a rush – and can put them on a natural high for a time or sink them into the bowels of depression – they mean absolutely nothing on Election Day. The poll taken on Election Day at the nation’s polling booths is obviously the only one that counts.
Cook County Clerk David Orr fears the push for voter ID laws across the country is going to have a pronounced effect on Election Day.
Election Day in Chicago means fraud patrols.
Voters are turning out at the polls today, as they cast their ballots in the first mayoral race in 22 years that has not included the name Richard M. Daley.
Elections investigator gets the license number. Two men caught.
The polls opened at 6 a.m. on this crisp fall Tuesday, and officials say voters are turning out in impressive numbers.
Prosecutors fan out to try to prevent vote fraud.
Could this Election Day mean the end of Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan’s long run?
Decision day has arrived for Illinois voters, who now must pick a new U.S. Senator and governor, among other elected posts.
It’s down to the wire for many of the candidates who are in the final stretch of the weekend push to get to votes.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!