Eight people — including a 17-year-old boy left critically wounded — were shot Monday afternoon and evening throughout the city.
The number of people killed or wounded over the last few days added up to the single-most violent weekend in Chicago this year. Those killed ranged in age from 16 to 40.
Chicago police shot and killed a 15-year-old boy during a foot chase in Englewood late Sunday night, on the heels of the most violent weekend in the city so far this year.
A pedestrian killed by a hit-and-run driver early Friday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood has been identified, authorities said.
Officers responded at 3:40 a.m. to the 6000 block of South Yale Avenue to a report of a pedestrian struck by a car, and found a 40-year-old man dead at the scene.
At least seven people were injured in shootings across the city Thursday night and early Friday. A Chicago Police officer also shot a teen who ran from officers during a street stop early Friday in the Northwest Side Portage Park neighborhood.
He was walking through a gangway in the 6400 block of South Normal Avenue about 2:35 a.m., when shots were fired from a light-colored sedan.
Two people were killed and at least 10 others were wounded by gunfire across Chicago since Tuesday evening.
An Englewood family was mourning the death of an aspiring young singer and dancer, after she was shot and killed while sitting on a porch with friends and relatives on Monday.
Two city workers are being hailed as heroes after stepping in and saving a boy during an attempted kidnapping Thursday morning.
A man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.
A pit bull that had already attacked one person in the Englewood neighborhood Wednesday morning was shot dead by a Chicago Police sergeant as it attacked a 16-year-old boy on his way to school.
The outbreak of shootings came after a two-week period of relative calm and, once again, coincided with an improvement in the weather, as temperatures climbed into the 80s.
An Englewood man who spends his time fighting gang violence has had another relative murdered and he’s asking that there be no retaliation, reports WBBM’s Veronica Carter.
Bond was set at $2 million Saturday for a known gang member who fatally shot a man in the South Side Englewood neighborhood last March.
It has been the biggest drill the department has done in years.
A massive “mock” disaster on the South Side on Tuesday is testing the training of first responders.
The teen was shot about 2 p.m. in the 6400 block of South Claremont Avenue in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Go big or go home, the saying goes. Some scrap-metal thieves are taking that expression to heart, police say. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
An Englewood man was ordered held in lieu of $1 million bail Sunday for a South Side shooting that left one man paralyzed and another wounded.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!