A southwest suburban hospital has evacuated patients because of rising floodwaters from a nearby creek and the Illinois River.
Three residence halls at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale were evacuated overnight, following a bomb threat.
A condo building on the city’s Northwest Side was evacuated Wednesday afternoon, after carbon monoxide levels rose into the danger zone.
The Shedd Aquarium was evacuated Thursday afternoon when the electricity went out to much of the building.
Officials evacuated part of Zion for almost two hours Sunday morning due to hazardous fumes from a fire that broke out at Maine Plastics.
Children were evacuated from a parochial school in the Logan Square neighborhood, after a man threatened to jump from a roof nearby.
Two buildings on the campus of the Illinois Institute of Technology was evacuated Tuesday afternoon as firefighters responded to an acid spill.
Meanwhile, a Near South Side church just blocks from McCormick Place is offering itself as a haven to anti-NATO protesters coming in from out of town. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
A small trash fire in the Red Line subway prompted first responders to evacuate the Roosevelt Road station, and shut off power to the trains.
Many residents of a central Illinois town was evacuated early Friday, after a train containing denatured alcohol derailed and several cars exploded.
The Des Plaines municipal building had to be evacuated late Thursday morning for a freon leak.
Naperville police aren’t saying it was a suicide attempt or threat, but an incident Wednesday had all the markings of it.
An 18-year-old Lincoln Park resident accused of causing an evacuation at Millennium Park Saturday evening told WBBM Newsradio 780 that he was taking part in a “costume play” and that it was all a misunderstanding.
A suspicious object found in the loading dock of a northwest suburban high school led to early dismissal and evacuation Tuesday afternoon before it was determined the object was not a threat.
Investigators have yet to determine the source of fumes sickened a number of people Monday night in an Elgin apartment building.
An athletic center in west suburban Aurora remained closed this morning after an accidental chemical mixture near the gym’s pool created toxic fumes.
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!