A fire at a senior citizen high-rise in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood left an elderly woman critically injured Friday afternoon.
The 2-11 alarm fire occurred at a 3-story apartment building at 1433 S. Kenneth Ave. about 5:45 a.m.
An autopsy Monday determined a person whose charred body was found in a dumpster Sunday night in the Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood was strangled.
Two people, both believed to be in their 50s, were killed in the blaze in the 200 block of East 24th Street in Chicago Heights.
A Hickory Hills police officer is being hailed as a hero for rescuing the owners of a popular banquet hall after fire erupted about 4:30 a.m. Sunday, said Walter Sherman, battalion chief for the Roberts Park Fire Protection District in Justice.
54-year-old woman and her 21-year-old son are out of the hospital after being rescued from a fire that engulfed their Lawndale apartment. WBBM’s Bob Roberts spoke with some of those affected and one of their rescuers:
The seventh-grade student knew her friends weren’t joking about her hair being on fire when they slapped her on the head as she began to smell smoke, said Park City 14-year-old Tatyana Butler.
Myron Freedman died Wednesday at the age of 95. A short time later, a fire broke out in the storeroom of Myron & Phil’s, the steakhouse and seafood restaurant he and his brother founded 43 years ago.
There was a large amount of smoke and fire pouring from the attic space and roof of the first building, and part of the roof collapsed during the blaze.
A house in Crystal Lake was completely destroyed in a fire Wednesday afternoon, and two firefighters suffered heat-related injuries while fighting the blaze, which spread to four neighboring homes.
Firefighters from several fire departments are battling the extra-alarm fire in a large home in a sub-division at Wadsworth Road and Oak Crest Lane.
An extra-alarm blaze broke out early Monday afternoon in the South Side Park Manor neighborhood.
In McCook, work crews began the job of shoring up a fire-damaged factory after an explosion last night tore through a metals grinding plant, reports CBS 2’s Derrick Blakely.
A man in his 60s has died, from injuries suffered in a fire in north suburban Evanston.
Police are investigating the death of a northwest suburban Crystal Lake man who died after a fire in his home Sunday morning.
Four firefighters were injured inside a burning building where a stairway collapsed in the South Side South Chicago neighborhood during a 2-11 fire Saturday morning.
There’s going to be an investigation into a fire that destroyed trucks overnight in the southwest suburbs.
A small fire in a classroom disrupted classes at Wheaton North High school.
It was just before 7 in the morning and the rain was pouring down, when 39-year-old Randy Ho heard the car crash outside his home in Woodstock, and saw that a woman was hurt.
Officials say a smoke detector was key in alerting residents to a fire in a single-family home Monday in north suburban Evanston.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!