While there is no cure for the flu, Dr. Jack Dybis says getting enough fluids everyday can help.
There hasn’t been much need for snow shovels in the Chicago area this year, or salt for the driveway, but there has been a run on humidifiers, due to the unusually dry conditions this winter.
Illinois is among 30 states reporting high flu activity in a season where the virus is striking earlier than usual and the main flu strain is one that tends to make people sicker.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker talked with one Chicago man who says he can’t afford to miss work.
The flu season is far from over, and as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention declared this season an epidemic, physicians were urging people to take precautions against the flu virus.
If you haven’t been bit by the flu bug this year, you might be lucky or maybe you’ve been getting help from the boss.
Some Chicago area hospitals were being forced to turn away emergency room patients because of an influx of people suffering from the flu.
Experts were predicting a longer and stronger flu season this year.
The flu is back with a vengeance this year, earlier than usual and affecting more people this winter.
Doctors have been seeing an increase in flu cases, marking the earliest start to the flu season in nearly a decade.
I know, I know… You feel confident your grandmother’s remedies will keep you healthy and–if you do get sick–bring you back to full health. Sometimes though, frogs legs, witch’s tongue, brown M&Ms mixed with yellow Skittles, happy thoughts, chicken soup, Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul, Mitt Romney’s concession speech on repeat, Tumblr, puppies, medicine from a doctor who works out of the Wendy’s drive-thru window (honestly, he’s suspect, but his burgers are great), Game of Thrones, killing the Highlander, fruits and veggies (especially), and love just can’t heal you. Especially if you have the fly.
Have you noticed some coworkers sneezing around you? We have – and we asked WBBM’s Steve Miller to ask a doctor what’s going around.
Dr. Daniel Jernigan of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells WBBM Newsradio that there are two new, different strains of flu this year and that the vaccine formulated this fall should be able to keep you from getting them.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is issuing a reminder that if you haven’t already gotten a flu shot this season, now is the time to do it.
Four cheerleaders who reported feeling ill during a practice at a south suburban elementary school were hospitalized Wednesday night.
Maggie Daley had been hospitalized last week for flu-like symptoms unrelated to her battle with breast cancer.
Chicago’s first lady spent one day in the hospital for flu-like symptoms late this week, after spending a more substantial amount of time at Northwestern Memorial Hospital for her latest surgery.
Chicago’s first lady was admitted to Northwestern Hospital Thursday morning with nausea and dehydration, the mayor’s press office said.
Rush University Medical Center is taking the extra precaution as the virus surges in Illinois.
A University of Chicago researcher says the 2009 flu pandemic has provided clues that might help get rid of the disease entirely one day.
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!