A dense fog blanketing Chicago is affecting Thanksgiving travel plans on Wednesday.
Looking back on the beautiful, sunny skies on Saturday as Chicagoans enjoyed the Bud Billiken Parade and the North Halsted Street Market Days, this may seem like the worst kind of Monday. But look for sunshine again on Tuesday.
The skies are dreary as rain falls off and on this Monday, but a little patience will pay off, because it will feel like summer again later in the week.
The National Weather Service has issued a dense fog warning for Lake and Cook Counties Friday evening.
Clouds and patchy fog will continue through the afternoon, as temperatures once again top out in the 40s.
Thunderstorms swept through the Chicago area overnight, but don’t get fooled — it’s still January, and more snow is soon coming.
Fog will continue to lift in the Chicago area Wednesday afternoon, but light drizzle and dreary conditions are expected.
Winter officially begins later Wednesday, but the Chicago area has a thick soup of fog in lieu of the usual snow and bitter winds.
Two separate crashes involving multiple vehicles on Interstate 55 in Will County, leaving several people seriously injured.
Delays of up to three hours are being reported at Midway International Airport due to fog hovering over the Chicago area.
While the East Coast digs out from a snowstorm that dumped 15 inches, the Chicago area will be seeing a little bit of snow today, too.
The weather was springlike this New Year’s Eve, but the skies were volatile, as rain and thunder erupted over the course of the day.
Hundreds of flights were canceled Thursday at Chicago airports because of poor visibility, on the heels of last weekend’s East Coast snowstorms.
Foggy conditions Thursday morning made for big problems at O’Hare and Midway international airports.
A combination of strong thunderstorms, followed by violent and destructive winds, will make for one of the most dangerous storms in 70 years.
The fog was making it a challenge to see where you’re going in some portions of the Chicago area Tuesday morning.
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.426
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.369
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!