Just as a 23-year-old woman was about the close her car door, 21-year-old Montez Fulwiley allegedly pointed a handgun at her, then jammed it into her ribcage and demanded her phone.
A south suburban man was sentenced to 80 years in prison Monday for a 2008 attack that left his former girlfriend dead and her boyfriend paralyzed.
A coalition of south suburban ministers said Monday that it’s not promoting gambling, but the ministers do want a casino in far south suburban Ford Heights.
It was a robbery plot certain to fail.
Authorities have slapped murder charges against an 18-year-old Ford Heights man who allegedly beat a bicyclist who later died of his injuries, the Cook County Sheriff’s Office announced Monday.
Bond was set Friday at $2 million for a south suburban teen who beat a 48-year-old man into critical condition for his bicycle on Monday in south suburban Ford Heights.
A convicted felon from Chicago Heights has been arrested for allegedly holding a woman against her will, beating and choking her after meeting her on the Internet.
A Lynwood municipal worker driving the wrong way caused a multi-vehicle crash on I-394 Friday morning, which left at least one person dead.
An 18-year-old man accused of robbing a Ford Heights liquor store has been arrested, thanks in part to a store owner who recognized him as “Lil Mike,” a frequent customer.
Outgoing Illinois lawmakers are heading back to Springfield for their two-week lame duck session, and they hope to decide whether casinos will be coming to Chicago and several suburbs.
Officials say their economically depressed region needs the infusion of gambling taxes.
Donations have been pouring in to a Ford Heights congregation after their historic church was destroyed by a fire earlier this week.
Flames gutted a historic Ford Heights church overnight, but church officials said they wouldn’t let the fire put an end to the many services offered there.
Authorities say arson may be to blame for a fire that destroyed two homes and a church in Ford Heights. PHOTOS
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!