A Northlake man accused of forging a divorce document to get his church’s blessing to remarry has been cleared of criminal charges, after his attorney successfully argued the prosecution was a violation of the separation of church and state.
An attorney for Olga Vanis says her bank bears blame for not detecting obvious forged checks. CBS 2′s Jim Williams reports.
Last month, Kenneth Williams received a letter from the state’s attorney’s office demanding he resign because he’s a felon. He was convicted of forgery in Indiana in 1985.
The Cook County State’s Attorney’s office is demanding the president of a south suburban school district step down because of a felony conviction, the Sun-Times is reporting.
A Palatine woman has been arrested on charges she stole more than $200,000 from her 98-year-old grandmother.
Cook County Sheriff’s police Wednesday morning arrested a suburban woman who allegedly stole confidential patient files from a psychiatric hospital.
A woman on probation for changing the grades of football players at Antioch High School — where she was a teacher and her husband head coach — is now facing multiple counts of forgery for allegedly scamming her new employer.
Federal prosecutors are accusing a Carol Stream man of scamming more than $4 million from clients to use in risky investments.
Two women have been charged with trying to collect money from funds intended for the victims of the stage collapse at the Indiana State Fair this past summer.
A former ambulance service executive from Wayne, Ill., has admitted to embezzling from her company, while making a $200,000 salary.
The brother of a Naperville woman found beaten to death Wednesday night in her home has been identified by police as a “person of interest” in that crime.
A former Chicago Police officer was convicted of scamming a 90-year-old man out of a total of $900,000.
Oak Lawn voters who want to change the way government does business in the south suburbs will have to wait.
Undercover police officers posed as deliverymen for Edwardo’s pizza in Skokie last week to arrest a man for credit card fraud.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!