Retired Chicago White Sox slugger Frank Thomas feels even better about his career after watching steroids-tainted stars Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa and Roger Clemens fail to gain entry to the Hall of Fame.
I don’t idolize athletes, and I don’t encourage others—kids or otherwise—to do so either.
White Sox legend Frank Thomas took some time to drop by The McNeil and Spiegel Show today.
Apparently the man who made a career hitting home runs on the South Side is now trying his hand in the beverage industry.
With former White Sox hitting coach Greg Walker out the door with Ozzie Guillen, one former Sox slugger is throwing his name in the hat.
The Chicago White Sox have unveiled a statue in the outfield concourse to honor former slugger Frank Thomas.
The White Sox will unveil a sculpture of legendary slugger Frank Thomas before Sunday’s game against the Boston Red Sox.
Paul Konerko will pass Frank Thomas and become the White Sox’s all-time home run leader. And that’s just the beginning.
Adam Dunn’s well documented struggles are surprising to most people, but not Frank Thomas.
Frank Thomas has always maintained he never took steroids and for the most part, he’s been one of the few sluggers from the steroid era who is believed to be clean.
On April 18, 1991, the White Sox were coming off a successful 6-1 road trip to start the season. Moreover, they were just a few months removed from a 94 win campaign when they challenged Oakland for the AL West crown.
Former Chicago White Sox legend Frank Thomas has a career .301 batting average, but if he hadn’t spent so much time as a designated hitter, he thinks it could have been much higher.
Here’s a list of some of the best places to spot celebrities in Chicago. Look out, paparazzi!
Former White Sox star Frank Thomas has settled his long-standing legal battle with a group of doctors that allegedly misdiagnosed an injury back in 2004.
Frank Thomas knows a thing or two about hits and records. These days the retired Sox slugger is trying to make hit records. As CBS 2′s Ryan Baker reports, the “Big Hurt” believes he’s going to hit home runs in the music business.
Manny Ramirez is a clown, but he’s a clown who can still hit when he wants to. Details are being finalized regarding the terms of the waiver deal, and it appears the moody slugger is on the […]
By ANDREW SELIGMAN, AP Sports Writer CHICAGO (AP) The Chicago White Sox gave The Big Hurt a big honor on Sunday, retiring Frank Thomas’ number before a game against the New York Yankees. Thomas fought […]
Sox games Friday, Saturday and Sunday against the Yankees at U.S. Cellular Field will be big games on the field. The Sox will be trying to catch, or at least keep pace with, the Minnesota […]
In a statement on their website today, the Chicago White Sox have announced that they will retire Frank Thomas’ number. Thomas played for the White Sox from 1990 to 2005 and is regarded as not […]
There might be no stopping this White Sox win streak… at least, not until they stop playing the National League. With a 3-2 win over the Cubs Saturday night the Sox have stretched their win […]
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.117
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.196
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.337
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!