A University of Illinois student hopes to raise $50,000 for people affected by last week’s shootings at a Connecticut elementary school and he’s almost a quarter of the way to his goal.
A South Side pastor has completed his cross-country fundraising walk, and has returned to Chicago.
As the media positively and glowingly report high-profile presidential fundraising events for President Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee, they report on GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s and the Republican’s big-dollar fundraising gatherings in and around Tampa, Florida during the Republican National Convention with total suspicion and even worse.
Dakota Goff spends his time on a project to help sick children and their parents. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
President Barack Obama is still behind Republican opponent Mitt Romney when it comes to filling his war chest with campaign cash.
According to Romney, Obama has taken away a number of work requirements from the federal welfare regulations. Republicans believe that Obama’s executive measure on welfare funding to states makes it easier for non-working people get a free government check.
How dare Harry Reid, the Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate, spew his latest unsubstantiated rumors against Mitt Romney?
One would think that Obama and his White House would want to keep the name Solyndra as far from the headlines as possible. Yet, President Obama is rubbing elbows with key players in the Solyndra stimulus disaster at a high-priced fundraiser where donors paid $35,800-per-person.
Some members of a south suburban high school marching band leave Tuesday for the London Olympics, but there’s disappointment that not all of them can afford to go.
Questions are arising about the campaign fund raising activities of former Illinois State Senator and one time Chicago alderman Ricky Hendon.
A local arts institution founded by the late Chicago First Lady Maggie Daley might be about at the end, after 20 years.
The seventh- and eighth-graders in Rolling Meadows may be young, but they manage to haul in impressive amounts of money to fight cancer. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Four thousand climbers took part in the 15th annual Hustle up the Hancock at the John Hancock Center Sunday.
The 100-member Rich South High School Band has been invited to perform at the Olympics this summer in London, in what they’re calling the chance of a lifetime.
As the city and suburbs deal with budget troubles, more of them are scrapping planned fireworks shows for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. But in Batavia, the show will go on.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.219
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.4192
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!