Three men were killed and at least 16 others were wounded in gun violence across the city from Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday morning.
Three people have been killed and at least 13 others wounded in gun violence throughout the city since Friday afternoon.
Newsradio spoke with one of the physicians who tried to save 6-month-old Jonylah Watkins in her final hours.
Police can safeguard students “crossing gang boundaries” to get to new schools after their Chicago Public Schools are closed, but there’s a “lot of work to do to make it happen,” Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Thursday.
A coalition of Cicero officials and one Chicago activist are hoping for a little more cooperation in the area of bridge between the two communities.
Two dozen reputed gang members appear in court for bond hearings Friday — one day after their arrest in connection with a West Side drug market.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says Chicago police are making strong moves to confront continuing city violence—which has included violent attacks at funerals.
Mayor Emanuel is cracking down on crime by targeting neighborhood businesses with ties to gangs.
A program designed to ensure gang-bangers have no place to hide, reached a milestone on Monday.
Phillip Jackson, head of the Black Star Project, an organization that directs young men away from gangs, says a recent CBS 2 report doesn’t represent what’s really going on in the streets.
Jose Escobar’s family said his recent decision to black-out his Latin King gang tattoos showed he was serious about making a change.
CBS 2’s Walter Jacobson sat down with gang members in Chicago’s troubled Englewood neighborhood.
The past couple of nights have been busy ones for police in southwest suburban Tinley Park.
For America’s big cities: the people who are supposed to have, need to have, and claim to have all the answers simply don’t have a clue.
HARVEY, Ill. (CBS) — The Cook County sheriff says he and his team took dozens of suspected criminals off the streets in Harvey last week. As WBBM Newsradio’s Lisa Fielding reports, sheriff Tom Dart says […]
The father of a 5-year-old Elgin boy killed in a gang shooting last fall is now a fugitive from the law, wanted for allegedly battering his wife, the boy’s mother.
Police have arrested dozens of members of two street gangs and seized millions of dollars in cash and illegal drugs as part of a major crackdown on gangs in the wake of rising violence to start the year.
West suburban police are complaining about what they call the toothpaste effect – gang members being squeezed out of Chicago and into their communities.
Twenty-seven years ago, athlete Benji Wilson’s murder shook the city. But did it make Chicago any safer? CBS 2’s Kristyn Hartman reports.
More than two dozen people are facing drug-related charges stemming from a police investigation in the Uptown neighborhood.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!