Let’s all stop the stupidity over Brian Urlacher needing to keep some kind of pristine connection to the Bears, as if the mere sight of him limping around the field in any other colors is somehow unthinkable.
The Bears earned the name Monster of the Midway, but with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, the 2012 Bears have something to brag about on offense, as well.
When free agency opens up in less than four weeks, the Bears have the potential to make the biggest splash of all.
Though Phil Emery can’t fire Lovie Smith, the Bears are going to do everything in their power so he can succeed.
NFL expert Hub Arkush said that the Bears’ decision to retain head coach Lovie Smith regardless of who the new GM is may be hurting their search.
You can’t simultaneously hire a real general manager and reaffirm the alpha-dog status of your head coach. Not possible.
All hail your supreme football leader, Bears fans. It is apparent that Smith rules Halas Hall with a velvet hammer, fronting to the media and public with his folksy blandness and the stoicism of a Winslow Homer painting, all the while swinging a big stick behind closed doors.
If you closed your eyes and listened to Ted Phillips and George McCaskey talk about Jerry Angelo on Tuesday afternoon you might think you were at a retirement party listening to toasts for a beloved company man.
Actions may speak louder than words, yet without Bears chairman George McCaskey’s mantra that “winning world championships” is the team’s goal, Jerry Angelo would still be general manager.
On the heels of an 8-8 season that saw the Bears drop five-straight games, general manager Jerry Angelo has been fired.
There’s no use looking back now. The 2011 season is over and it’ time to start preparing for the future.
In a perfect world – with perfect weather – the Bears should play all their games on natural grass. But this world isn’t perfect, and it’s time for the Bears to install FieldTurf at Soldier Field.
Bears Chairman George McCaskey apologized to fans Monday for the cancellation of Friday’s Family Fest and said the team will take a more active role in the maintenance of the grass at Soldier Field.
Now that the labor dispute is over, there is a tremendous amount of excitement — and relief — among players in the NFL.
For the first time since the NFL lockout, all 32 team owners met in Rosemont on Tuesday, hoping to save this year’s season.
George Halas McCaskey has officially taken over from his older brother Michael as chairman of the board for the Bears.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!