A 52-year-old man found dead in his Gold Coast apartment late Friday died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a fire, and his death was ruled accidental, an autopsy determined Saturday.
Philanthropist Ann Lurie is selling her Gold Coast mansion, asking $18.75 million for the 120 year old limestone masterpiece.
A man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.
Chicago police officers were out in force Friday night, nearly a week after youths caused disturbances near and along the Magnificent Mile.
Some men, dressed as women, have been hitting fancy Gold Coast stores – not to shop, but, to shoplift.
A man was shot in the leg Tuesday morning as he got into his car parked in the Gold Coast neighborhood, police said.
Union supporters took to the streets today to demand an increase in the state’s minimum wage.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson is flabbergasted by the type of merchandise ripped off from a hoity-toity Gold Coast store Thursday.
Fans think that Jimmy Choo shoes are hot, but, this morning, police say some are actually hot in the wrong way after an overnight burglary.
The officer wasn’t hurt — nor was the driver in the 6:10 p.m. incident in the first block of East Walton Street police said.
Multiple ambulances were called to a Gold Coast neighborhood nursing home Thursday morning when a car fire was accompanied by heavy smoke and triggered the building’s sprinkler system.
A man was wounded in a shooting Tuesday morning in the Near North Side Gold Coast neighborhood.
The Web site Racked.com may be pitting trendy hipsters against young and snazzy professionals, as they ask Chicagoans to pick one of six intersections as the best for shopping.
A Belmont-Cragin neighborhood man was ordered held on $100,000 bond Monday for allegedly injuring four men — including a Chicago Police officer — in a pair of early Sunday stabbings in the Gold Coast.
A man forced a woman into her Gold Coast apartment and raped her late Tuesday on the Near North Side.
An affluent downtown area of Chicago has been plagued by violence this summer. Some residents have had enough, CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
About 20 juveniles and four adults were arrested after police responded to reports of people being pushed in the Gold Coast Saturday.
Police say the suspect attacked the woman with the weapon in the Gold Coast neighborhood after a “verbal altercation” escalated.
A memo has been sent out to thousands of employees of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, warning of two recent mob attacks on doctors – one near Prentice Women’s Hospital, the other a few blocks north of the Northwestern hospital campus.
Eight people have been charged with mob action, after four people were hurt in at least three mob attacks in and near downtown over the weekend.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!