The Council of Religious leaders wants all faith communities to offer prayers this weekend, remembering the lives lost to senseless acts of gun violence.
President Obama connected Hadiya Pendleton to his own neighborhood as the teenager’s parents sat in the gallery, right next to the 1st lady. CBS 2’s Jim Williams spoke to them earlier.
Several Chicagoans who have lost children to gun violence were in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday for a congressional hearing on how to balance new gun laws against the constitutional rights of gun owners.
Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
President Obama will be back in town Friday to talk about the ongoing gun violence in the city.
Two people are in custody and being questioned about the murder of Hadiya Pendleton.
Hadiya Pendleton’s family had said they wanted to keep politics out of the 15-year-old murder victim’s funeral and despite the political undertones, considering some of the guests, they mostly did.
Second Congressional District candidate Mel Reynolds on Wednesday urged federal authorities to focus on gun violence in Chicago, instead of alleged financial misdealings by former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife.
There are calls for witness protection and presidential intervention to deal with the epidemic of youth violence in Chicago. They came during a march to honor the memory of 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton.
The first batch of Chicago cops being pulled off desk duty are slated to hit the streets this weekend. That can’t come soon enough for Police Supt. Garry McCarthy, who said in an interview on the CBS 2 Morning News that it’s “very, very frustrating” that improvements in violent crime in Chicago are frequently followed by backsliding.
A 15-year-old girl and two men are dead, and at least eight other people were wounded by gunfire throughout the city Tuesday, police said.
Eight people were slain in various shootings in Chicago over the weekend, but Chicago police maintain their crime-fighting strategies are working.
Weekend gun violence in Chicago left two men dead and at least 14 other people wounded, including a man shot during a party in the Loop’s historic Palmer House Hilton Hotel.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel escalated his assault on gun manufacturers on Thursday, accusing them of being more concerned with their bottom line than either public safety, or the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.
He was shot at a gas station, tried to drive to the hospital, and died. As a murder victim’s family was demanding stronger gun laws in Chicago, Mayor Rahm Emanuel was pushing for stricter gun control nationwide.
The mayor said, at the next City Council meeting on Jan. 17, he’ll introduce a new gun control ordinance, though he wouldn’t provide details.
A West Town neighborhood man became the city’s first homicide victim of the New Year, which so far has seen at least ten other people wounded in separate shootings, authorities said.
Chrystal Kyles stood in the cold in the middle of East 51st Street on Sunday night and tried to comfort her grieving family as they grappled with the news that Chicago’s ongoing gun violence had finally touched their home.
One person was killed and 13 wounded in gun violence over the Christmas holiday, including an 11-year-old boy grazed by a bullet and a man who was shot to death during a dispute in the Englewood neighborhood.
Roosevelt J. Yarber, 17, was arrested and charged after a witness allegedly told officers that Yarber had a handgun during a funeral service.
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.247
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!