A man was shot three times in the back Wednesday night about three blocks away from a police station on the West Side.
A University of Illinois at Chicago student was robbed at gunpoint several blocks west of the main campus this week.
A Nevada man was arrested Saturday when he admitted that there were weapons and ammunition in his baggage during a security check at the Greyhound bus station in the West Loop.
One person is dead and at least another 16 wounded in violence throughout the city this weekend.
An unruly CTA passenger accused of throwing rubbing alcohol in a bus driver’s face after a Friday argument over an expired fare card on the Near West Side was ordered held on $75,000 bond Sunday.
Police are warning students at the University of Illinois at Chicago to be on the lookout, after a woman was attacked and sexually assaulted right in the middle of the Rush medical campus.
Police are holding four people who allegedly attacked a man and robbed him of his iPhone at the Harrison Street Red Line subway station late Wednesday.
Four people were hurt Thursday night during an attempted carjacking on the city’s West Side.
Rush University Medical Center on Thursday is dedicating its new, state-of-the-art hospital building.
Four Chicago Police officers are in line for life-saving commendations, after talking a man down from a bridge over the Dan Ryan expressway early Tuesday morning.
An angry motorist walked a 12-year-old boy into a police station after the child allegedly hurled a rock off a nearby West Side overpass, smashing the windshield of the man’s minivan Sunday morning.
It was a violent night across Chicago overnight, with at least seven people shot and wounded from the South Chicago to River North.
One man is dead and another is injured, following a drive-by shooting overnight on the city’s West Side, on the surface streets right above the Eisenhower Expressway.
Hundreds of cars flooded the Main Post Office just west of the Loop, as last minute tax filers tried to beat the midnight deadline.
A man was wounded in a Monday night shooting on the Near West Side, just blocks from the Illinois Medical District.
A water main break early this morning turned the berm on the side of the Eisenhower Expressway into a waterfall on the city’s West Side.
A Southeast Side man has been charged with DUI, in connection with a Sunday crash that killed a North Dakota woman and left a young boy injured.
Power was shut down to part of the CTA Red Line subway Wednesday morning, after brakes on a train began smoking.
A West Side man is facing felony charges for pretending to be a police officer and robbing a store.
Good Samaritans rescued two people from a burning building on the city’s West Side Monday morning.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!