For 19 years, the Whitney Nots have been having a fantastic time dancing and entertaining people, and CBS 2’s Harry Porterfield thinks each member of the group is someone you should know.
Onstage at the Goodman, the hat takes on a queenly status in a return of the musical “Crowns.” CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
They’re calling “Call Me Maybe” the song of summer 2012, and Carly Rae Jepsen, the 26-year-old Canadian recording artist behind the song, has become an international superstar. She joined Vince Gerasole this morning to talk, and sing, about it.
Alisa Holman started her own school so kids could learn at a more accelerated pace. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
The Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in downtown Wheaton is five years old. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.the Midwest
Jan Smith has spent the last two decades recreating the Illinois prairie at a suburban park. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
He ran a business on the South Side for more than half a century. And now barber Delmar Dunn has retired. CBS 2’s Harry Porterfield reports.
The state’s Miss USA representative is a state employee who specializes in urban planning. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
He has a disability, so finding a job wasn’t so easy. But then he found a way to support his family that is bringing him joy every day. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Up in the northern suburbs, a group of parents got together to do something special for their adult children with specials needs. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
The seventh- and eighth-graders in Rolling Meadows may be young, but they manage to haul in impressive amounts of money to fight cancer. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Maurice Hood doesn’t advertise, but that hasn’t stopped successful clients from finding his Hubbard Street tailor shop. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Carlos Tortolero felt the Latino community was being neglected, so he did something about it, CBS 2’s Harry Porterfield reports.
Juanita Kilian spends her spare time creating something warm and fuzzy to comfort sick people. As CBS 2′S Harry Porterfield reports, she’s someone you should know.
John Moulder is a Catholic priest who finds spiritual fulfillment and strength by playing jazz guitar. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield introduces us to a 9-year-old suburban boy who spends time with the stroke victim who lives next door.
CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield checks in with young fashion designer Zoe Damacela, two years after he first profiled her.
Although Larry Roberts doesn’t profit from the jail house barber college, he’s happy that those who become his students do. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Stephanie Bekker spends six days a week helping to socialize dogs at the city’s animal shelter, in hopes they can be adopted. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
They are a father and son who share an amazing passion. Both are wood carvers and both are champions at creating incredibly beautiful works of art. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield says Bob Guge and his son, Josh, are both someone you should know.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!