A former Maine West High School soccer coach has been charged with multiple misdemeanor counts involving the battery and hazing of players on his team.
David Bogenberger, 19, had a blood alcohol level more than four times the legal limit for driving when he died during what authorities said was a hazing ritual at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity at NIU in November.
The man soccer players at Maine West High School have come to know affectionately as “Divo” has given up his fight for the job he lost in a hazing scandal at the northwest suburban school district.
The family of a Northern Illinois University freshman who died in an alcohol-related hazing incident last November filed a lawsuit Thursday in Cook County Circuit Court seeking unspecified damages.
District 207 School Board members on Thursday evening moved to fire a freshman boys soccer coach in connection with the Maine West hazing scandal.
Maine Township School District 207 confirms that subpoenas have been issued by a Cook County grand jury for records from administrators as part of an investigation into allegations of hazing.
Three Northern Illinois University students, facing felony hazing charges in death of a freshman, went before a judge this afternoon.
The Maine Township High School District 207 school board has voted to fire the school’s soccer coach, who has been accused of allowing criminal hazing activities, including the sodomizing of players.
Twenty-two members of a fraternity at Northern Illinois University have been charged in connection with the death of a student from excessive drinking during a hazing ritual last month.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez wants a “complete and thorough, top-to-bottom” review of alleged hazing abuses at Maine West High School.
Rough horseplay, yes. Sexual misconduct, no. That is the finding of an investigation of off-campus hazing at Hoffman Estates High School involving the boys’ basketball team.
Supporters of two coaches at Maine West High School are defending them, via Facebook.
After a one-day internal investigation, the entire boys’ varsity basketball team at Hoffman Estates High School was suspended Saturday for three games.
Maine West soccer team members and other students whom Michael Divincenzo taught know him as “Divo.” He has his supporters in some former pupils, CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
One mother is angry at Divincenzo and has joined several families filing lawsuits against Maine Township High School District 207 because of a series of alleged attacks coaches knew about dating back to 2007.
Three families have joined a lawsuit against Maine Township High School District 207, alleging their children were also hazed at Maine West High School.
A hazing scandal at Maine West high school is expanding, following revelations of an incident involving the baseball team back in 2008.
More victims have reportedly come forward – in an alleged hazing scandal involving the Maine West boys soccer team.
The family of a Maine West High School freshman is suing the school district, claiming their son was sexually assaulted during a hazing ritual in September. WBBM’s Steve Miller reports.
A Chicago father is seeking damages from the city’s school district for the psychological damage he says his son experienced at the hands of bullies.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!