The Chicago Bears have hired Marc Trestman to become the team’s 14th head coach.
The Bears haven’t even finished their interviews, but there are already reports that the team has made its pick to succeed Lovie Smith.
Bears general manager Phil Emery said Tuesday it was a “tough decision” to fire Lovie Smith as head coach after nine years on the job, but he said the team did not have enough offensive success under Smith, and it was time to go in a new direction.
Mike Tice was recently named Bears offensive coordinator, but it’s possible he could be headed somewhere else, as the Raiders reportedly want to interview him for their head coaching vacancy.
Illinois coach Ron Zook was fired Sunday after the Illini followed a 6-0 start to this season with a six-game losing streak.
For whatever reason there are many people in this city that feel the suddenly available Jeff Fisher would be an improvement as Bears head coach in comparison to Lovie Smith.
It wasn’t going to be Jim Harbaugh or Les Miles, but Michigan finally found the new man to lead their program back into relevance. And he might be a better fit than who Michigan fans initially wanted.
According to multiple reports, former Bears’ linebacker and defensive coordinator Ron Rivera will be named the next head coach of the Carolina Panthers.
Les Miles earned the nickname “Mad Hatter’ for is unconventional, and sometimes head-scratching, play calls. Despite those questionable calls, Miles has had plenty of success coaching at LSU.
Ron Rivera was the defensive coordinator of the Chicago Bears when they went to the Super Bowl in the 2006 season. And according to a report, is close to becoming the next head coach of the Carolina Panthers.
Jim Harbaugh’s not coming. And Pat Fitzgerald isn’t either. But Les Miles still might be. Or maybe it’ll be Brady Hoke, some mystery candidate or, hmm…
By DAVE CAMPBELL, AP Sports Writer MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Minnesota’s raw defense has had a rough start to the season. Dan Persa and the Northwestern Wildcats don’t figure to provide any relief. Northwestern’s forgettable days in […]
DEERFIELD, Ill. (AP) — The Chicago Bulls are ready to get going this season with a host of new faces – and they’d like Joakim Noah to be there, too. The Bulls have been mentioned […]
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4345
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!