High Pressure System
Skies will remain sunny Wednesday afternoon, as the temperature climbs into the 80s for the first time in six days.
Conditions will remain unseasonably cool and befitting of early fall for the rest of the day Tuesday, but look for all that to change as the week goes on.
Rain moved through the area Wednesday morning, but conditions are expected to be at least partly sunny for the afternoon as the heat returns to midsummer highs.
Conditions will be sunny and comfortable with low humidity Wednesday, but look for the blazing heat to return as the weekend approaches.
A pleasant afternoon with a temperate lake breeze is on tap for Tuesday, but the 90s will be back before the week is out.
Conditions will be idyllic as the work week comes to an end, but come the weekend, there is a chance of rain that could come when the Gay Pride Parade is in progress.
If you’re seeing brown grass and dusty soil, it’s not your imagination – it’s bone dry out there.
The temperature has cooled down from the sweltering 90s that have been hanging around since the weekend, but conditions remain bone dry after the rain missed most of the area on Monday.
Conditions will be undeniably beautiful for the rest of the day Thursday, but break out the gym shorts and Gatorade this weekend, as steamy heat settles in.
Temperatures will remain cool at the lake for a third day, but it won’t be long before a heat wave sets in.
Temperatures will be sunny, but cool, for the rest of the day Tuesday – and once again, temperatures will not exceed the 60s along the lakefront.
Skies will be dry and temperatures pleasant for the duration of the day Monday, but you might need a spring jacket if you’re walking along the lakefront.
It was only this past Sunday – a mere four days ago – that the temperature hit 97 degrees, but it all feels like a few months ago now as Chicago sits shivering in slippers and sweatshirts this Thursday.
Skies will be sunny and pleasant for the rest of the day Tuesday, but don’t look for it to get too much warmer on the lakefront.
The Cubs are at home Wednesday night, and if you’re going to the game, you had best not forget your jacket.
A high-pressure ridge is keeping the skies clear and sunny, but temperatures will remain nippy throughout the day and the rest of the work week.
Conditions will remain seasonably chilly Wednesday, but cloudy skies will give way to sunshine as the afternoon goes on.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!