The Cubs and the city of Chicago are in the process of finalizing a deal for the renovation of Wrigley Field.
Ian Stewart hit a three-run homer in the first inning, Bryan LaHair later connected for a grand slam and the Chicago Cubs hammered Adam Wainwright, spoiling the St. Louis Cardinals’ home opener with a 9-5 victory on Friday.
Fans are swarming to U.S. Cellular Field and tailgating in the parking lots, as Opening Day arrives for the White Sox.
Opening day has arrived for the Cubs, and the team and the local alderman are urging fans to use public transportation.
A new patio deck and overall look to the revamped right-field bleachers at Wrigley Field should be the most dramatic aesthetic change to the ballpark’s interior in years when it’s unveiled for the home opener April 5.
Starting pitcher Edwin Jackson struck out a career-high 13 batters and the Chicago White Sox cruised to a 5-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays.
Attending his final Chicago White Sox game as mayor, Rich Daley tried to bring a new fan into the fold on Thursday at the White Sox home opener: his successor, Rahm Emanuel.
White Sox announcer Hawk Harrelson says he is looking forward to success from a Sox team with “a nice, winning attitude.”
White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said morning that he thinks the White Sox have “a good chance to do some damage this year.”
The Tampa Bay Rays have already gotten off to their worst start in franchise history, now they’ll have to travel to Chicago to take on the White Sox in their home opener.
Chicago White Sox’s legend Minnie Minoso will throw out the ceremonial first pitch during the team’s home opener on April 7.
It will be 46 degrees and rainy when Cubs take to the mound for their home opener at Wrigley Field, but the conditions aren’t putting a damper on the buzz at the Friendly Confines.
On Tuesday, the Chicago White Sox announced a new bar and restaurant will be opening up at Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!