CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield introduces us to some performers who believe laughter is the best medicine.
An additional 49 Illinois hospitals and clinics may have received recalled products from a Massachusetts pharmacy linked to an outbreak of Fungal Meningitis.
While hospitals in Illinois are now required to take more steps to encourage mothers to breast-feed their newborns, New York is taking the additional measure of locking up hospitals’ stockpile of infant formula.
U.S. News & World Report placed Northwestern Memorial Hospital as the 12th on its list for best medical centers in the country this year.
Illinois hospitals would be required to provide free care to some poor people under a bill being considered in Springfield.
Three Chicago hospitals and some aging movie theaters have topped the latest list of endangered historic buildings made by Preservation Chicago.
A Matteson couple is suing over the death of their 7-year-old son a year ago, alleging he died because of medical malpractice.
Illinois State Sen. Iris Martinez (D-Chicago) is using a state decision to end tax breaks for some hospitals, as a lever to produce more charity care for the needy.
Critics contend while Cook County Health and Hospitals System is cutting staff and services, the agency is spending millions in contracts for consultants.
An Israeli medical professional is in Chicago, teaching hospitals here what he does. But he attended clown college rather than medical school.
Three Chicago hospitals have been awarded a grant to support their research on childhood cancer.
The University of Chicago Medical Center has received a $5 million grant from the Robert R. McCormick Foundation.
A new study suggests there’s been an increase in the types and number of so-called antibiotic-resistant bacteria known as “superbugs” found in Chicago-area health care facilities.
Research finds hospitals in black communities don’t do as good a job in early detection or treatment.
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!