When Pierre Scarbrough realized his 11-year-old daughter had eaten his ice cream, prosecutors say the South Side man and his girlfriend plotted for hours to beat the little girl with an electrical cord when she came home from school.
Spoil your mom this Mother’s Day with these brunch recipes from Chicago chefs.
It’s raining, it’s April, deal with it. Here’s some stuff to do so go do it! Ice cream! Hobbits! Books about sleeping! What else do you need?
For Lynn Sapp, ice cream is the family business.
Nothing screams fall like crunching into a delicious caramel apple. There are a few places around Chicago, and one just a little further, to satisfy this craving that comes at this time of year. They also make great hostess gifts, or a dessert if sliced…
Good gravy. It is still so stupid hot. Even if it’s not triple digits, this is still gross. My shirt is holding onto every inch of my back. Walking is hard. Biking makes me feel and smell like a surly viking. THIS MUST STOP. Let’s go cool off and remember that we live in an age where for the low, low cost of our children’s future with an ozone layer, we can be cold right now – YEAH! Besides, they’ll probably invent totally green-recyclable-organic A/C units that make the rainforest glow with Gaia’s energy. We deserve to be cold, and the kids will fix it! DOUBLE YEAH!
Cool off this summer with some stellar summer treats. These Chicago restaurants offer more than just your typical ice cream.
If you are looking for something to do with the kids, head north to Andersonville: “A quaint village in the heart of a world class city.” Andersonville was founded by Swedish immigrants and remains a thriving Swedish community with plenty to offer families that visit or choose to make it their home.
A South Loop business is quite the popular place this week, with temperatures soaring near triple digits.
The first Dairy Queen store was in–surprise–Joliet and now the location is an official local landmark.
Summer in Chicago tends to be short, but extreme. One day, it can snow, and the next day you can get a string of 90 degree days that rival the dry heat of a summer […]
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!