Police said the girls were in a few feet of water for five to seven minutes, about 20 feet from the shore near the Edgewater Walk complex.
A dog was rescued last week along Chicago’s icy lakefront, but sometimes people aren’t so lucky. CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports.
But just how safe is that ice? CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports.
Chicago Animal Care and Control personnel were still seeking the owner of a dog that eluded capture on the ice of Jackson Habor for nearly three hours before it was rescued Tuesday.
Grab the ice scraper, because you may need it before you head out this Sunday morning.
Two people were rescued from the shallow depths of a north suburban lake Saturday after falling through ice softened by unseasonably warm temperatures.
The bizarrely warm temperatures this week worry one climate expert.
On a recent day, they say, Chicago police and Immigration showed up and hauled seven workers away.
One of the things you’re likely to have to deal with on Thursday is slippery conditions.
Good gravy. It is still so stupid hot. Even if it’s not triple digits, this is still gross. My shirt is holding onto every inch of my back. Walking is hard. Biking makes me feel and smell like a surly viking. THIS MUST STOP. Let’s go cool off and remember that we live in an age where for the low, low cost of our children’s future with an ozone layer, we can be cold right now – YEAH! Besides, they’ll probably invent totally green-recyclable-organic A/C units that make the rainforest glow with Gaia’s energy. We deserve to be cold, and the kids will fix it! DOUBLE YEAH!
Ice on the roadway made for a treacherous commute Monday morning on the Borman Expressway in Northwest Indiana.
A 43-year-old man was hospitalized Monday afternoon after he tried to ride his bicycle across a frozen pond in northwest suburban Streamwood and fell through the ice.
After hearing the children’s cries for help, people living across from the pond took action. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
While Chicago will be treated to some relatively mild weather on Monday, temperatures will start dropping overnight–with freezing rain and snow developing for the Tuesday morning rush hour.
Treacherous, ice-covered roads early Thursday were blamed for numerous serious accidents across the Chicago area.
Two young friends jumped into action when a child chasing a football fell through the ice on a frozen pond. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
Icy, slippery conditions shut down caused numerous problems on the roads, and also the CTA Green Line on the South Side this morning.
Dangerous ice is being blamed for numerous accidents and spinouts on Chicago area roadways.
In much of Northwest Indiana, frozen snow is packed into the ground, and roads remain dangerously icy as the temperatures plunge.
It’s another tough day for pedestrians trying to navigate their way along slick, icy Chicago sidewalks.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!