Illinois General Assembly
Democrats have retained control of both houses of the Illinois General Assembly.
Faced with an employee pension crisis that could become his biggest challenge, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday he is putting his full force behind getting lawmakers in Springfield to achieve an overhaul of the state’s pension systems.
If you had any doubts state lawmakers played favorites when awarding free state college scholarships over the years, doubt no more.
Gov. Pat Quinn said Tuesday his grassroots campaign on pension reform is going to have to wait a few weeks, despite his feelings of urgency.
Just follow the money, GOP state chairman Pat Brady tells CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine.
Gov. Pat Quinn made a last-ditch push for state lawmakers in Springfield to pass pension reform, but the effort failed Friday.
A vote is coming Friday that could expel Illinois State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago) from the General Assembly.
With state lawmakers trying to hash out comprehensive pension reform by the end of the year, Illinois state workers are retiring in record numbers to make sure they preserve their existing benefits.
OMG, have you heard about it? Gov. Pat Quinn is calling the General Assembly into special session to work on the pension crisis in Illinois.
Gov. Pat Quinn has called for a special session of the Illinois General Assembly next month in an effort to finally reach a consensus on pension reform.
The free ride on mass transit in Illinois may soon be over for everyone.
A bill that would create five new casinos in Illinois will likely land on Gov. Pat Quinn’s desk by the end of the month.
The chances of making major reforms to the state’s public pension systems appear to be dead in Springfield, at least for now.
Prospects for pension reform in Illinois improved measurably late Wednesday night, when House Speaker Mike Madigan dropped his proposal to make public schools and state universities pay retirement costs for their employees, rather than the state.
Only three days remain in the Illinois General Assembly’s spring session. As WBBM Newsradio’s Alex Degman reports, those days should be busy.
Gov. Pat Quinn is enlisting the support of Chicago’s business community to sell his Medicaid and pension reform plans to state lawmakers before the Legislature adjourns at the end of this month.
Gov. Pat Quinn was back in Springfield Tuesday night, dealing with the state’s pension and Medicaid problems. He said lawmakers must “show some fortitude” and come up with major pension and Medicaid reforms this spring.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel went to Springfield on Tuesday to speak to state lawmakers about the need for pension reform at the city and state levels.
Some Illinois lawmakers say it’s time for some spring cleaning when it comes to the state’s laws.
The Illinois legislature is moving forward with an investigation of State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago), a process that could potentially lead to his ouster from the General Assembly over his arrest on federal bribery charges.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 6 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 6 hours ago