Illinois House Of Representatives
The Illinois House of Representatives has voted to expel state Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago).
Gov. Pat Quinn is promising not to give up the fight for pension reform, after lawmakers failed to get a bill passed before the deadline of midnight Thursday night.
A downstate lawmaker screamed, yelled and threw papers Tuesday, as he expressed frustration about the Democrat-led plan to overhaul the state pension system.
A woman challenging Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago) for his Southwest Side legislative seat says she’s not discouraged.
A Victims’ Bill of Rights could be added to the Illinois State Constitution, if a proposed amendment makes it onto the November ballot.
State lawmakers are going take one more try before the end of the year to pass tax relief for Illinois businesses that are threatening to leave.
An attempt to pay Illinois’ regional school superintendents – who have worked almost four months for no pay – has failed in the Illinois House of Representatives.
Support is growing in Springfield for legalizing medical marijuana.
A couple of bills to further control the movement of guns in Illinois have failed to pass the state House.
Those convicted of first-degree murder will have to register with a public searchable database if a bill moving through the Illinois General Assembly becomes law.
If you suffer from chronic pain or are a cancer, HIV or Hepatitis C patient, you may soon be able to get a 21/2-ounce dose of medical marijuana.
A common complaint at the state Capitol is that a bill is trapped in the House Rules Committee. A new rule would keep that from happening so easily.
Illinois business groups are pleased with workers’ compensation reforms passed in a state House committee Sunday evening.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!