In an otherwise lackluster Illinois primary, with ridiculously low voter turnout, the issue of bad ballots in several counties could go down as the highlight.
State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago), who was arrested on a federal bribery charge last week, easily defeated challenger Tom Swiss on Tuesday in the Democratic race for the 10th District seat in the Illinois House.
Mitt Romney has won the Republican presidential primary in Illinois, easily beating rival Rick Santorum.
It appears that if you don’t have a lot of voters, you don’t have a lot of problems.
In addition to presidential and congressional races, many voters in many communities across the state Tuesday are thinking about their electric bills.
Polls are open across the Chicago area from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the March 20 primary.
Voters are heading to the polls Tuesday morning for an Illinois primary election that experts have said could be “defining” for the Republican presidential race.
With Illinois a player in the Republican primary election for the first time in decades, the number of voters asking for a GOP ballot is up, but election officials still expect low turnout overall.
Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich was in northwest suburban Rosemont on Wednesday, less than a week ahead of the Illinois GOP primary. He’s third in the delegate count behind Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum, and running second among those who say they are looking for “a true conservative.”
Rick Santorum boldly declared Tuesday night that he would win the Republican presidential primary before the convention, but mathematically, Mitt Romney remains the frontrunner, political analyst Stephen Caliendo says.
Political experts differ a bit on whether Illinois’ Republican Primary is gaining in importance in the party’s struggle to find a Presidential nominee.
The March 20 Illinois primary election is fast approaching, and so far, the head of the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners says the campaign isn’t stirring much excitement among voters.
After a failed, short-lived experiment, the primary election in Illinois this year will be held on March 20, nearly two months later than in 2008 and 2010.
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.118
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!