Illinois Toll Highway Authority
The Illinois Tollway received final approval Thursday to construct the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project, a $3.4 billion project to provide congestion relief projected to save drivers $145 million a year in time and fuel costs.
If you haven’t paid your tolls in Illinois, expect to hear from the Tollway soon.
You need to take a close look at your account, if you use a tollway I-PASS. Drivers with certain license plate numbers are finding they are being charged for other people’s tolls.
Tolls went up in Illinois nearly a year ago, but if you think most drivers took alternate routes to avoid paying more, you’d be wrong.
New figures show fewer drivers than expected have abandoned the Illinois toll roads since the fees nearly doubled.
Gov. Pat Quinn and officials at the Illinois Toll Highway Authority have announced plans to install electric car charging stations across the system.
A major highway project in the northern suburbs will mean detours and require a hefty dose of patience.
A story out Friday morning is sure to cause grumbling among those who use the Illinois Tollway system.
A new report says overtime pay for people who work for the Illinois Tollway system was nearly $4 million last year.
An effort reportedly is underway to make life easier for motorists who occasionally use Illinois toll roads.
Passenger car travel on the Illinois Tollway decreased during the first week of the new year, since higher tolls went into effect Jan. 1.
If you have been worried about your I-Pass tracking your every move, a policy change could put your mind at ease.
The New Year is bringing pain in the pocketbook for a lot of Chicagoans, because of a list of higher fees for everything from parking to tolls.
A Cook County judge has rejected an anti-tax advocate’s bid to block the nearly 90 percent rate hike scheduled to go into effect on the Illinois Tollway system next year.
The steep increase in tolls on Illinois tollways will be official after a vote Thursday.
It took two tries before the Illinois Toll Highway Authority Board managed to legally approve its 2012 budget.
An Illinois Toll Highway Authority board committee has recommended building a long-awaited full interchange at I-90 and Route 47 in northwest suburban Huntley.
The cost of tolls will nearly double under a plan approved by the Illinois Toll Highway Authority Board Thursday.
A few people say they will go along with higher tolls if it puts them back to work.
The Illinois Tollway is set to hold the final public hearings on a proposed toll hike to pay for road construction projects.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!