A look at what’s at stake for all 12 Big Ten teams as well as a look at the best matchups and other analysis.
Cody Zeller scored 18 points and Victor Oladipo added 13, leading No. 18 Indiana past No. 5 Michigan State 70-55 on Tuesday night, its third victory over a top five team this season.
Christian Watford rediscovered his shooting stroke with 12 points for 23rd-ranked Indiana, and the Hoosiers blew out sputtering Minnesota 69-50 on Sunday.
Cody Zeller kept Indiana in the game Wednesday night. Verdell Jones’ late charge proved to be the difference.
Trey Burke scored 18 points, and No. 23 Michigan raced to a 20-point first-half lead before holding on for a 68-56 victory over No. 20 Indiana on Wednesday night.
Kiel was originally committed to Indiana, but backed out that commitment earlier this fall. He committed to LSU Dec. 27, but that didn’t last long.
Lenzelle Smith Jr. more than doubled his career high with 28 on Sunday to lead No. 5 Ohio State to a surprisingly easy 80-63 victory over seventh-ranked Indiana.
In one division, the Big Ten is getting exactly what it wanted when it added Nebraska and split the conference in two divisions to create a conference championship game.
The Big Ten might be out of the national title hunt, but the conference still benefitted from this weekend’s BCS craziness.
Nebraska and Michigan are still in the hunt for the Big Ten title, but Saturday’s clash in Ann Arbor also has a BCS twist.
There are some good ones this weekend and Penn State-Nebraska was going to be a big game even before all these horrible allegations came out.
Here’s a crazy, but true thought: Iowa could still play in the inaugural Big Ten Championship Game.
The Wildcats scored on nine of their first 10 possessions, piled up 616 total yards and ended a five-game losing streak with a 59-38 rout of Indiana that looked even easier than the score indicated.
While the Badgers will once against lace them up under the lights Saturday — this time at Ohio State — it’s the Spartans that are playing in the game of the week.
Full preview and predictions of this week’s Big Ten action.
I didn’t watch the Illinois football game last weekend. Turns out, though, I wasn’t the only one. Because, apparently, Ron Zook didn’t see much of it, either.
The Illini host Ohio State in a game they should win. If they lose, I think a lot of concerns about this team will be realized. But how much stock can we put into a win?
Illinois’ Nathan Scheelhaase and A.J. Jenkins made Indiana pay for its mistakes Saturday.
The Cornhuskers head to Madison and face the defending conference champs in the biggest game of the week — not just in the Big Ten, but nationally.
If you haven’t looked at this week’s slate of Big Ten games, you might not want to. It’s ugly.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!