A woman was hospitalized in critical condition after being struck by a piece of aluminum at State and Randolph streets.
Major League Baseball has a problem. Let’s call it the “Some-Star” Game. On Sunday, MLB announced that 16 All-Stars won’t be playing in Tuesday’s game, including 13 of the 68 originally chosen.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is training for a triathlon by running and cycling up to 25 miles on weekends — in addition to his one-mile-a-day swimming regimen.
Carlos Zambrano left Thursday’s game in the second inning with lower back soreness.
After his second stint on the disabled list this season, Jake Peavy came back with a solid performance against the Cubs and earned a win. But a solid performance is hardly what the White Sox and their fans expected when they traded for the former Cy Young winner.
The Philadelphia Phillies have placed right-hander Roy Oswalt on the 15-day disabled list with a back injury.
St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols will be out for 4-6 weeks with a fractured left forearm.
There doesn’t seem to be many positive things coming from the current NFL work stoppage that has now gone into its fourth month. But for some players rehabbing injuries, the lack of practices means there isn’t a reason to rush back.
After admittedly making “the wrong read” on a Carlos Pena double on Monday night, Chicago Cubs second baseman Darwin Barney suffered a knee injury while sliding into third.
When the New York Yankees make the trip to Wrigley Field on Friday, Derek Jeter may be watching the games from the dugout instead of playing.
On Tuesday, Tiger Woods announced that he wouldn’t be participating in the 2011 U.S. Open. Injuries to his left knee and Achilles’ will keep him out of the tournament for the first time since 1994.
Chicago White Sox starting pitcher Jake Peavy left Sunday’s 7-3 loss to the Detroit Tigers with a strained right groin. This most recent injury came after Peavy had made four consecutive starts after returning from another injury.
On May 21, Chicago Cubs outfielder Marlon Byrd was hit in the face with a pitch from Boston’s Alfredo Aceves. The scary incident saw Byrd suffer facial fractures and be placed on the disabled list.
The Chicago Cubs have placed left fielder Alfonso Soriano on the disabled list and called up Tyler Colvin from Triple-A Iowa, the team announced on Tuesday.
Cubs left fielder Alfonso Soriano left Monday’s game against the Houston Astros after straining his left quadriceps after trying to beat out a grounder in the first inning.
At 23-28, the Cubs are in fifth place, 7.5 games back, in the NL Central. The team’s had a rash of injuries, sending two starting pitchers and their centerfielder to the disabled list.
Every time a batter steps to the plate there’s a chance that they’ll get hit with a pitch. And by the time they reach the the majors, players have been hit countless times. But very few every get hit like Cubs outfielder Marlon Byrd did at Fenway Park.
Chicago Bulls center Omer Asik will miss the rest of the team’s 2011 playoff run, the team announced on Wednesday.
In the second inning of Saturday night’s game at Fenway park, Chicago Cubs outfielder Marlon Byrd was hit by a pitch under his left eye. It was a scary situation for Byrd and his teammates, but looking back on it, Byrd may actually be lucky.
Not even a Cubs’ come from behind win late could take the team’s focus on the status of Marlon Byrd who was hit in the face with a pitch in the 2nd inning tonight in Boston.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.59
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!