That marks the fourth time in as many months that a sworn officer in the village has run afoul of the law. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
Park Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.
Syracuse has been under investigation for possible NCAA violations, mostly in its basketball program, for at least a year, according to two reports.
In the aftermath of former Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior’s conviction for misusing campaign funds, there’s been increased scrutiny of how politicians use the money donated by supporters. Now, the Better Government Association has found another lawmaker with questionable expenses.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Friday the search for the killer of 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton is at a critical point, but he said he can’t reveal any details, at the risk of jeopardizing the investigation.
Going forward, Cook County taxpayers won’t have to pay for work of a special prosecutor investigating why Chicago Police and Cook County prosecutors did not charge a nephew of former Mayor Richard Daley in the death of David Koschman.
The state Department of Children and Family Services is investigating Monday’s death of a five-month-old boy on the Near South Side.
The death of a 2-year-old South Side girl has been ruled a homicide, due to multiple injuries from a beating, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
The chilling security video shows the last minutes of Anthony Kyser’s life. Chicago Congressman Bobby Rush is calling for a special prosecutor to investigate. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
Maine Township School District 207 confirms that subpoenas have been issued by a Cook County grand jury for records from administrators as part of an investigation into allegations of hazing.
The U.S. Justice Department has been conducting an investigation into the interrogation practices at the Chicago Police Department, and “60 Minutes” is about to break the story wide open.
Northern Illinois University has placed its police chief on administrative leave and is firing another officer over the department’s handling of a sexual assault case.
It’s a disturbing allegation of bullying in a suburban school. The person accused of doing the bullying is not a student, it’s the principal of the school.
Police in Naperville have charged the suspect in the stabbing deaths of two small children at a suburban town home overnight.
Officials at West Aurora High School, already under fire for not stopping a sexual predator, now are being accused of trying to cover up the whole mess.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating two near-collisions within months of one another last year at O’Hare International Airport.
Two years ago Monday, federal agents in Chicago, Michigan and Minnesota raided the homes of 23 antiwar activists. Now, those who were targeted in the Sept. 24, 2010, raids say they simply want to know where the investigations are but are getting few answers.
Glenview police have completed a two-month investigation into the June 15 drowning death of a 4-year-old boy in a park district pool.
Police in south suburban Glenwood say they’re hoping to interview a two-year-old boy who was at the scene of a shooting in his home earlier this week.
The Indiana Attorney General has opened an investigation into BP’s handling of the bad gasoline produced at its Whiting, Ind., refinery and its dealings with motorists whose vehicles were affected.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 4 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 4 hours ago