The man who is trying to unseat Will County State’s Attorney Jim Glasgow is getting help campaigning from a police officer wrongly accused of murder by Glasgow two years ago.
Drew Peterson is considered a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, but has not been charged.
Closing arguments are scheduled to begin Tuesday at the Will County courthouse.
Drew Peterson’s future now rests with twelve of his fellow Will County citizens who will decide whether he’s guilty of murder.
Days before jury selection is to begin in Drew Peterson’s murder trial, it is still unclear if prosecutors will be able to use the victim’s statements.
Drew Peterson was back in court Wednesday as prosecutors and defense attorneys hashed out what pieces of evidence should or should not be admitted when his murder trial starts next week.
Gov. Pat Quinn’s plan to close the Tinley Park Mental Health Facility is getting a big thumbs down from officials in Will County.
Starting Wednesday, it will be illegal to sell synthetic marijuana in Chicago. A statewide ban takes effect on Jan. 1, 2012.
A 26-year-old Joliet woman was sentenced to 61 years in prison on Monday in connection with the death of a Channahon man during a botched 2009 home invasion.
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed legislation that will toughen the penalties for abusers who torture their victims, after a man who brutally tortured his wife ended up being sentenced to just 4 1/2 years in prison.
Video game makers and sellers may be celebrating after the U.S. Supreme Court ruling Monday overturning the California ban on the sale or rental of violent games to children.
A southwest suburban man, who was driving drunk at over 100 mph when he caused a crash that killed two passengers in his car, was sentenced Thursday to 13 years in prison.
Officials asked for a preliminary injunction requiring two pipeline companies to mediate damage from an oil spill last month in southwest suburban Lockport.
This is not the first time that law enforcers in Will County have arrested and charged a wrong suspect. There have been several blunders by investigators and prosecutors in that county over the years.
A suburban man was allegedly caught with one of the largest caches of child pornography in a crackdown by the Illinois Attorney General’s office.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!