This is the first in a series where I take a look at some of the top candidates, providing information on their background, strengths, scheme, and what skill position players the Bears would need to add to properly execute their system. First up is Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.
Well, this is never easy. Look, I think you’re a great guy. I do, really. Nine years! That’s a hell of a run. But it’s time.
No matter who the Bears find to replace Lovie Smith, the franchise is going to make a concerted effort to improve the offense.
We’re just minutes into the post-Lovie Smith era, but as we await official word from general manager Phil Emery, I thought I’d take a quick glance at a few names to watch for the Bears’ new head coaching vacancy.
While the Bears’ offense won’t try to tell you it had a great performance Sunday at Ford Field in a 26-24 win over the Lions, there was one encouraging sign:
Here are my grades following the Bears’ 26-24 win over the Lions Sunday at Ford Field:
Cutler threw for 257 yards and a touchdown and helped seal the game with a late scramble, as the Bears won 26-24 against the Lions on Sunday.
It’s all very strange — the end of a roster at the end of a season, perhaps approaching the end of something more.
The Bears have another must-win game next week against the Lions, and head coach Lovie Smith is hoping two of the team’s best players will recover from injuries in time to be on the field in Detroit.
Chicago’s defense scored two touchdowns and the Bears beat the Arizona Cardinals 28-13.
Here are Jeff Joniak’s “Keys to the Game” for the Bears as they take on the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.
So, the question must be asked. What should Jay Cutler get his offensive line?
Brandon Marshall is having a career year for a Bears team with flickering playoff hopes. However, his frustration with the overall production of the offense eats at him.
If you’re looking for a good way to troll a few thousand mouth-breathing Bears fans at Soldier Field, this will work.
Yes, Cutler is the best quarterback in the history of the Bears, but that is no reason to give the guy an extension worth tens of millions of dollars without being completely sure he is the guy to win a Super Bowl.
190 total yards in the biggest game of the season. That just about says it all.
Despite those holding out for an inspired, season-saving turn at home against their overly-professed enemy, we got a wholly recognizable, ordinary performance and an entirely probable outcome.
While the Bears continue to try to win with defense, the rest of the league is separating itself. Nowhere is that more evident than in the Bears’ own division where the Packers have now beaten them six straight times.
The Green Bay Packers clinched their second straight NFC North title.
Despite reports of a sprained MCL, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler will play Sunday.
- Man Shot In Parking Lot Of Merrillville Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!