A friend of the man charged with killing Jennifer Hudson’s family members helped prosecutors fill in some gaps in their case on Monday, telling jurors about seeing William Balfour with the alleged murder weapon, and about a panicked phone call on the day of the murders.
DNA evidence – or the lack of it – took center stage Wednesday at the trial of the man charged with killing three members of entertainer Jennifer Hudson’s family, as the defense shined a spotlight on the lack of physical evidence tying the alleged killer to the crime.
A witness in the trial of the man accused of killing members of actress Jennifer Hudson’s family says he saw the defendant spying on the Hudson family’s home in the summer before the murders.
Prosecutors continued to build their case Monday in the trial of the man accused of killing three members of singer Jennifer Hudson’s family, calling a series of police officers who testified about finding the gun allegedly used in the slayings, and collecting other crucial evidence.
The trial judge has agreed to release a 911 tape that was played in court in the trial of William Balfour, the man charged with killing three members of Jennifer Hudson’s family.
The chief justice of the Illinois Supreme Court is weighing in on the restrictions the trial judge has placed on tweeting from the courtroom in the trial of William Balfour.
Murder defendant William Balfour confessed to the murders of Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew shortly after the killings occurred, a girlfriend of the suspect testified Friday.
CBS Chicago is providing live updates of the Hudson family murder trial via Twitter. You can follow the updates below.
A family friend of singer Jennifer Hudson testified Thursday that accused Hudson family killer William Balfour repeatedly threatened to kill the Hudsons while attending a child’s birthday party a few months before the murders.
More graphic photos took center stage on Wednesday at the third day of trial for the man charged with killing three members of Jennifer Hudson’s family, as prosecutors showed jurors pictures of her 7-year-old nephew, Julian King.
A day after singer Jennifer Hudson and her sister, Julia Hudson, provided emotional testimony about the murders of their mother, brother and Julia’s 7-year-old son, prosecutors shifted their focus to crime scene evidence at the trial of Julia’s ex-husband, William Balfour.
Singer and actress Jennifer Hudson took the stand to testify in the trial of William Balfour, who is accused of killing Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew.
Oscar winning actress and singer Jennifer Hudson took the stand Monday in the trial of the man accused of killing three members of her family, providing an emotional start in the case against her sister’s ex-husband, William Balfour.
When the trial of William Balfour begins Monday in the 2008 killings of three family members of Oscar-winning actress and singer Jennifer Hudson, it will be an all-too-familiar story of death and violence in Englewood on the city’s South Side.
A couple of Chicago’s home girls will headline this year’s truncated music lineup for the Taste of Chicago.
A full jury has been selected in the trial of William Balfour, the man charged with killing three members of Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson’s family.
Fourteen people have been selected to serve on the jury in the trial of the man accused of killing three members of Jennifer Hudson’s family.
Prospective jurors in the Jennifer Hudson family murder trial will have to answer a lot of questions to show what they know about the singer.
Legal experts say William Balfour’s defense team has a heavy burden because of the celebrity of Jennifer Hudson and the sympathy she may evoke among jurors. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley reports.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!