Though the Bears have yet to make a decision on their new general manager, one candidate appears to have strong ties to the organization.
Here’s a bit of advice for the Bears’ next general manager: Run away from Matt Forte.
The news that Phillips will be conducting the search wasn’t met kindly by one Bears Hall of Famer.
To one Bears expert, the team’s choice to fire Jerry Angelo was a quickly-made decision and no back-up plan was in place.
NFL expert Hub Arkush said that the Bears’ decision to retain head coach Lovie Smith regardless of who the new GM is may be hurting their search.
With last week’s rambling, incoherent press conference at Halas Hall providing the perfect symbolic catalyst for his efforts, team president Ted Phillips apparently decided to race back to his office and play Angry Birds.
When the Bears do finally hire a replacement for Jerry Angelo, they may be able to make a few quick moves to remain competitive in the NFC North.
After the firing of general manager Jerry Angelo, Bears president Ted Phillips made it clear that head coach Lovie Smith will have a say in who is hired to replace Angelo.
The Bears’ decision to fire their general manager but keep their head coach may be one that haunts them in the coming months.
All hail your supreme football leader, Bears fans. It is apparent that Smith rules Halas Hall with a velvet hammer, fronting to the media and public with his folksy blandness and the stoicism of a Winslow Homer painting, all the while swinging a big stick behind closed doors.
If you closed your eyes and listened to Ted Phillips and George McCaskey talk about Jerry Angelo on Tuesday afternoon you might think you were at a retirement party listening to toasts for a beloved company man.
Actions may speak louder than words, yet without Bears chairman George McCaskey’s mantra that “winning world championships” is the team’s goal, Jerry Angelo would still be general manager.
Just hours after firing general manager Jerry Angelo, Bears president Ted Phillips reiterated what the goal of every move within the organization centers around.
George McCaskey has emphatically spun the Bears in a new direction.
Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz has resigned, WBBM Newsradio’s Jeff Joniak reports.
Before we move forward and completely forget about the fiasco otherwise known as Jerry Angelo on Draft Day, let’s recap his top selections over the years.
On the heels of an 8-8 season that saw the Bears drop five-straight games, general manager Jerry Angelo has been fired.
After 11 seasons, Jerry Angelo is out as Bears general manager.
Former Bears wide out Dennis McKinnon joined The Matt Abbatacola Show to share some of this thoughts on the organization he spent seven seasons with — and won a Super Bowl with in 1985.
In his first start since 2007 on Sunday against Green Bay, McCown was 19-of-28 for 242 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 2 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 2 hours ago