The task of finding employment can be a daunting one. Take advantage of the many employment resources Chicago has to offer.
Hurricane Sandy proved to us that there is no way of knowing what will come as it tore through areas that had no idea how to confront it. Take the time now to find your local resources in case your area is hit by an unexpected natural occurrence.
For a true pet lover, finding a place to work that is also pet friendly is a dream come true. Having your pet with you while you work can increase productivity and create a more relaxed work environment. There a some great places to work right in Chicago that not only allow pet accompaniment in the workplace, but encourage it.
For most people, animals are more than just pets. They aren’t just there to fill a space in the home, they are family. And you always want to do something special for family. Here is a list of pet-friendly and owner-friendly ideas that may come in handy this holiday season.
Take the initiative to avoid zombie children this winter by planning a trip or two. There are numerous options for a quick family trip within driving distance of Chicago. Plan ahead and create a great winter vacation for your family.
There is nothing like a real Christmas tree that exudes the scent of pine throughout your home during the holidays. This year, instead of just taking your family to a standard nursery, take them to cut down their very own.
This Christmas, take the time to step back and think about what personal touches you can add to help give your gifts a memorable quality.
Explore Chicago and all of the wonderful holiday volunteer opportunities it has to offer and maybe you will be able to bring a little joy into someone’s heart.
There are amazingly talented photographers in the Lincoln Square area just waiting to capture your darling children for everlasting memories.
If you are looking for a different way for your child to enjoy Halloween, Chicago provides plenty of events that you can use as an alternative to trick-or-treating.
Lucky for you, Chicago offers plenty of adult friendly events to satisfy your Halloween needs.
Smaller children can’t always handle the frights of haunted houses. Here’s a list of Chicago-area haunts that will still allow the kids some sound sleep without nightmares.
From parties to parades, Chicago offers plenty of Halloween thrills that the entire family can enjoy, including the ones that bark.
Help your child get ahead of the game by enrolling them in any of these bilingual activities south of The Loop.
Get out and enjoy some apple picking with your family.
The clock is ticking down: Summer is almost over and nobody’s ready. Sure you may have completed your technical preparations. Maybe you have done all of your school supply shopping, picked out the perfect outfit for the first day of school and even finished that daunting list of summer readings. Before the kids return to school, bid that summer vacation the proper farewell, soaking up the last relaxing, sun-soaked days together.
With PTA meetings and soccer practices, midnight feedings and poopy diapers, you have to remember that you are still a person with separate needs. And you have a spouse who has those same needs. So here is the time to step out of the mystical magical world of parenthood and take a day to get lost in the romantic bliss that waits in the streets of Chicago.
With so many choices, there is no reason to walk around wearing the same trinkets as everyone else.So where do you look to find these awesome and unique pieces? Well, as always, Chicago has a ton of options for you to choose from.
Chicago has a lot more to offer than just deep dish pizzas. It is also the home to some of the most delicious barbecue around.
Why not go for some live entertainment? The night calls for cabaret. Chicago has some of the best venues for just that. If you should know anything about Chicago, it is that it has a rich history in comedy and cabaret.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!