By making just three (relatively) simple steps this offseason, the Cubs can practically guarantee that the excitement – and the crowds – will return to Wrigley Field in 2012.
Park Ridge officials want the Illinois Department of Transportation to remove the honorary “Jim Hendry Way” sign on Northwest Highway.
It was one year ago when Mike Quade took control of the Cubs as they beat the Washington Nationals en route to a 24-13 record to finish the 2010 season.
Right now, there is no managerial opening with the Cubs. But if there were, Ryne Sandberg would be reportedly open to interviewing for the job.
Like many relationships, there comes a time when you just know that now is time for both of you to go your separate ways. You may still love and respect one another, but you just need to see what else is out there, and get a fresh start.
Some Cubs fans are thrilled with the news that general manager Jim Hendry got the axe, saying the move was long overdue. Others say it’s not right to kick a man when he’s down.
Tyler Colvin’s RBI single in the 10th inning off Octavio Dotel lifted the Chicago Cubs to a 5-4 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday.
Some Cubs fans are thrilled with the news that general manager Jim Hendry got the axe, saying the move was long overdue. Others say it’s not right to kick a man when he’s down. An informal survey Wrigley Field found that the supporters of Friday’s move far outnumbered the detractors.
Tom Ricketts confuses me. I want to believe that he is a smart business man and will grow into a great owner in baseball, but sometimes he makes decisions that raise more questions than provide answers.
Left in the wake of Jim Hendry’s dismissal as Cubs GM is manager Mike Quade, whose future in Chicago was already in doubt.
The Cubs dismissed General Manager Jim Hendry Friday and named Assistant General Manager Randy Bush Interim General Manager.
Go away, Carlos, and take the whole act with you. Pack up all your stomping, snorting, outsized machismo and sell it somewhere else.
When Ricketts and his siblings took over the Cubs, he knew he needed to make significant changes to the baseball business, and he was not shy about telling people close to him about his plans.
By Matt Abbatacola- CHICAGO (CBS) Lately, the Cubs have looked like the team that Tom Ricketts, Jim Hendry, and Mike Quade envisioned when they began the 2011 season. They hit ten home runs in the final three […]
Baseball watchers everywhere are trying to figure out exactly what it was that the Chicago Cubs were up to last weekend at the MLB trade deadline.
If the Cubs trade Zambrano and still have to pay the majority of his freight – as was rumored in the proposed deal with the Yankees – then how does that help the Cubs?
It has to be over for the current regime. Not just double-checked, monitored and supervised, but over.
Major league sources have told me that Cubs owner Tom Ricketts has spoken to Pat Gillick as recently as last week.
Well, the All-Star Game is done. And, in case you stopped paying attention around Mother’s Day…or Tax Day, the Chicago Cubs are, too.
Admit it Chicago, you’ve probably never relished the All Star break as much as this year. Mind you, I said the break and not the All Star game itself. The game is a joke but that’s a story for another day. What I’m talking about is having a few days away from the terrible season we are witnessing on both sides of town.
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!