There’s a chance former White Sox slugger Jim Thome could return to the team as Robin Ventura’s hitting coach, according to a report.
Alexei Ramirez’s seventh-inning single broke the game’s final tie and led Chicago to a 5-4 win over the Cleveland Indians on Tuesday night, giving the White Sox a split of the day-night doubleheader.
The former White Sox slugger has accepted a trade to the Cleveland Indians from the Minnesota Twins.
The White Sox have reportedly claimed Twins outfielder/designated hitter Jason Kubel.
Could Jim Thome end up back with the White Sox? A published report seems to indicate that it’s possible.
When Jim Thome arrived at the ballpark, his pursuit of 600 home runs had been all but forgotten.
Derek Jeter stole all the headlines in pursuit of career hit 3,000. Meanwhile, no one is noticing that Jim Thome is nearing an even rarer feat.
Forget catching up to the Tigers. At this rate, the White Sox won’t be able to stay ahead of the Twins with 15 games remaining against Minnesota this season.
Minnesota has had the White Sox’s number over the last three years, but if the Sox are serious about winning this year, they need to beat the Twins.
Adam Dunn was one of the biggest free agents over the offseason. And when he signed with the Chicago White Sox he brought with him the high expectations of a $56 million contract.
The White Sox will have to deal with former player Jim Thome playing for the rival Minnesota Twins for at least one more season.
Harmon Killebrew announced today, via a statement released by the Minnesota Twins that he has been diagnosed with esophageal cancer.
KennyBall, anyone? After allowing Ozzie Guillen to realize his quixotic desire for speed and flexibility — mixing and matching his lineup and playing NL-style baseball — it appears the White Sox have come to their senses by signing prolific slugger Adam Dunn to a four-year deal worth $56 million.
Manny Ramirez hasn’t been horrible since joining the White Sox at the beginning of September, but it’s obvious that something is off with the slugger. Ramirez is batting .294 with the White Sox, but he […]
Seven wins in a row bridging August and September should mean something for a contending team. Streaks like that are often season-defining: they validate playoff bona fides by showcasing timely hitting, consistent starting pitching and […]
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!