Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the inaugural Presidential Quarterback Debate, sponsored by Citizens for Better Football.
The U.S. Department of Labor issues its key monthly jobs report for August Friday morning, but another report today suggests the job market is in something of a holding pattern.
The City of Chicago has unveiled its first formal blueprint for growing the local economy and the jobs, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel says it could help the City ride out even rough economic times.
Gov. Pat Quinn on Friday defended his call for “investment” in several new programs in his State of the State Address, even though the state is in a budget crisis.
Tax credits for companies that hire veterans and investment in early childhood education were among the visions Gov. Pat Quinn laid out in his State of the State Address Wednesday.
U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh pointedly skipped President Obama’s jobs speech Thursday, and even passed up the chance to watch it on television shortly before hosting a forum on jobs creation in Schaumburg.
Two unemployed Chicagoans hope President Obama’s job-creation plan will help restart the U.S. economy and help their prospects. CBS 2′s Mike Parker was with them as the president laid out his proposal to Congress.
Some Americans are concerned there’s a lot of heated rhetoric going back and forth in Washington, but it’s not generating enough results. Illinois lawmakers say that’s not true – they’re getting results.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel touted his plans for job creation in an address to the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce Wednesday morning.
A war of words between Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has heated up, as Christie called Quinn “a disaster” and Quinn’s office criticized New Jersey’s dismal record of creating jobs.
A war of words is heating up between Wisconsin Gov.-elect Scott Walker and Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn over job creation.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!