Thousands of people waited in line for hours Friday morning at Kennedy-King College, to attend a job fair hosted by the city of Chicago, but many of those people left upset, when they found out the job fair wasn’t quite what they were expecting.
The City Of Chicago will hold a job fair on Friday to help fill hundreds of vacant city positions.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports on which fields put the job-seekers in the driver’s seat.
Some suburban Republican congressmen staged a job fair Monday, but they were scoffing at political motives in this election year.
Military veterans – get your résumés ready, because the 100,000 Jobs Mission is in Chicago today (Thursday, July 12.)
Gov. Pat Quinn helped host a job fair for veterans at the Hilton Chicago hotel on Wednesday.
This is the second day of a three-day job fair in Rosemont, with dozens of jobs available.
About 200 to 300 job seekers showed up for a career fair in Tinley Park on Monday.
Three weeks after nearly 10,000 job seekers packed a job fair at Chicago State University, a congressman who sponsored the fair is telling the recruiters to make good on their promises to hire.
With renewed worries about the economy in the wake of the downgrade of the nation’s credit rating, nearly 10,000 people showed up for a job fair hosted by Congressman bobby Rush on Tuesday.
If you’re looking for a job, Munster, Ind., is the place to be today.
Michael Jordan is opening a new steakhouse on the Magnificent Mile, and he’s looking for a few good employees.
The new Rivers Casino is seeking to fill roughly 1,000 positions, from managers to restaurant personnel.
If you’re looking for a summer job, and amusement parks are up your alley, you’ll have an opportunity this weekend.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson is on a mission to help create and provide jobs for the people of Illinois.
Martina Love had two words to describe the job fair hosted Tuesday by Scott Lee Cohen, the independent candidate for Illinois governor: “false advertisement.”
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.81
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!