Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
With one month to go before we reach the fiscal cliff, Republicans are going to have to figure out how to do something serious for a change instead of grandstanding and avoiding specifics.
Speaker John Boehner believes he holds a strong hand in fiscal cliff and debt limit talks. He is, once again, taking the global economy hostage and playing politics with the U.S. debt limit.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has resigned from Congress, citing health reasons and an intensifying federal investigation into the use of his campaign funds.
Grover is the ultimate in single interest constituencies in Washington. He is not accountable to anybody. He does not disclose who funds him, who pays him to do what he does or how much he is paid to blackmail GOP Members of Congress to sign his pledge not to raise taxes.
She will remain the one woman in a leadership position in the room when important issues effecting women are negotiated over the next year and a strong reminder that Democrats stand with women and promote them to positions of power.
The day after the voters spoke in our democracy, Republicans sought to set aside the results and focus on winning next time. It is not just a losing proposition for Republicans, it is a losing proposition for America.
We had an election and absolutely nothing that matters has changed. Nothing!
Even the most liberal of Democrats must agree that Obama’s inability to get foes to work with him is severely impeding any progress this country.
For all the billions spent by the Obama and Romney campaigns, Republican and Democratic parties, and countless outside groups, we may wake up November 7th to a Washington that is virtually unchanged.
Don’t drop last week’s controversial headlines regarding U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann and four other GOP House members who said that President Barack Obama’s administration has connections to the Muslim Brotherhood so fast.
Harry Reid got – as he often does – in calling Republican donors “angry old white men”. Imagine the reaction if House Speaker John Boehner were to say something such as: support or donations to Obama made by 17 angry black men.
Republicans and Democrats in Washington remained far apart on a deal to increase the federal debt ceiling and Wall Street is really worried, chalking up the biggest losses in nearly a year.
If you don’t think the upcoming federal debt ceiling deadline will impact you, it might – if you’re expecting a check in the mail.
The once proud Ohio State football program suffered a black eye as a result of scandals involving head coach Jim Tressel and star quarterback Terrelle Pryor. According to university President E. Gordon Gee, the scandal is “but a temporary condition.”
Sen. Mark Kirk predicted a final-hour agreement on a stopgap spending bill. But that is not why Illinois’ junior senator is pleased with the budget compromise announced late Friday.
The effects of Omer Asik’s achievement of double-figure points and rebounds in the same game were felt immediately last night, improving all aspects of life around the globe.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!