Former Chicago Bears wide receiver Johnny Knox is done with football, according to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times.
There is little, in fact, to praise about Knox. What was he? A drone much like any other, facemasked and faceless as we belched and screamed.
After having to sit out the entire 2012 season with a serious back injury, the Bears terminated the contract of Johnny Knox Tuesday.
The Chicago Bears have placed wide receiver Johnny Knox on the PUP list, placed rookie safety Brandon Hardin on the injured reserve list, and cut nine other players in their effort to get down to get to the 75-man roster limit by Monday.
Knox, who underwent spinal fusion surgery during the offseason, will begin training camp on the physically unable to perform list.
A noticeably thinner Johnny Knox was on the field at Wednesday’s OTA, but he wasn’t doing much more than retrieving balls and aiding the execution of practice.
We still know little about Phil Emery, but the guy knows how to buy himself the benefit of the doubt, and quickly.
While it is uncertain whether or not Bears wide receiver Johnny Knox will even play in 2012, he will start the season on the physically-unable-to-perform list.
Check out his picture of Johny Knox’s back brace.
There’s no use looking back now. The 2011 season is over and it’ time to start preparing for the future.
Bears safety Chris Conte was placed on injured reserved along with wide receiver Johnny Knox, who had back surgery Monday, the team announced in a news release.
Johnny Knox’s spinal surgery was a success, his agent said on Twitter Monday.
Considering he was undergoing spinal surgery, it was assumed Johnny Knox would miss the rest of the season, but head coach Lovie Smith confirmed as much Monday.
Bears Coach Lovie Smith said quarterback Caleb Hanie should not get all the blame for the crushing loss to the Seattle Seahawks Sunday, but would not rule out any lineup changes for when the Bears take on the Green Bay Packers next week.
The Bears are still mathematically in the playoff hunt, but barely, after being mowed down by the Seattle Seahawks in the second half at Soldier Field Sunday.
Bears wide receiver Johnny Knox suffered a scary middle back injury in the first quarter of Sunday’s game against the Seahawks.
I guess we have the most practical definition yet of Franchise Quarterback.
A week ago, it was understandable to remain optimistic about the Bears chances going forward, despite obvious issues. This week, it’s impossible.
Jay Cutler spoke to the media Wednesday for the first time since breaking his thumb and acknowledged that while he really wants to play, it’s possible his season is over.
Here are the good, bad and ugly from this week’s Bears-Raiders game.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!