Cutler threw for 286 yards and two touchdowns, and the Bears won their fifth straight, beating Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers 31-20 on Sunday.
Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said Williams’ future in the NFL is completely up to the performance of the veteran wide receiver.
Lovie Smith evaluates the regular season in four quarters, so let’s evaluate Lovie’s crew in the same fashion.
It’s only Week 4, but don’t get it twisted, this is a big game for the Bears. You don’t want to have a three-game losing streak and you don’t want to lose an NFC game at home.
Another Sunday, another absolute annihilation of the Chicago Bears by a far superior football team.
The reasons for the Bears’ inefficiencies are many, and shared. But, really. Somebody get open.
After a 30-13 defeat at the hands of the New Orleans Saints, the Bears now sit at 1-1 before the Week 3 showdown at Soldier Field with Green Bay.
To say the preseason didn’t go well for newly acquired Bears wide receiver Roy Williams would be an understatement.
Well, one preseason game is in the books and there is a lot to talk about. Let’s get straight to your questions:
After kicking off from the 30-yard line on two first half kickoffs Saturday, Bears special teams coach Dave Toub confirmed that the NFL told them they had to move up to the 35-yard line for the second half.
Saturday provides the first opportunity to see what the Bears look like in game-situations. Here are some of the things that I’m interested in seeing Saturday.
Wide receivers coach Darryl Drake made it clear Johnny Knox has no desire to leave the Bears if he does not earn starting job during training camp.
Throughout Lovie Smith’s tenure as head coach, his camps have been “player-friendly”. Meaning the practices have been thorough, but are less physical than other teams.
Training Camp usually allows for good battles. Sometimes it’s two guys fighting for one job, but occasionally you get a solid battle between an offensive and defensive player.
Football is back! As Laurence Holmes will do every Tuesday throughout the season, he answers your Bears questions.
Even in Costa Rica, the news spread about Lovie Smith’s two-year contract extension.
Today marks the final day of the Bears fan trip to Costa Rica. It’s been a whole week of fun and sunshine.
Tuesday was by far the hottest day of the trip, 85 degrees, but that didn’t keep anyone from the beach. The whole traveling party gathered for beach games with the Bears.
In November, the Chicago Bears fell to the Seahawks. Seattle’s blitz schemes resulted in six sacks of Cutler in their 23-10 victory. The Bears are ready for a different result in their push through the playoffs.
Johnny Knox may not have any experience playing in the playoffs, but that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t understand the importance of Sunday’s game.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.146
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!